Shimano stradic 5000fi

moosh7

Hey Raiders.

I just laybyed a new Shimano Starlo Stix Classix shore spin rod and i've matched this up with a Shimano Stradic 5000fi and i had a feel of it yesterday and it feels pretty good. My question is what line should I use for the Stradic, I was thinking maybe braid but I'm not sure, I will be using this outfit for spinning off the rocks and off the beach with 20-40 gram metals and possibly some 30 gram surface poppers for off the rocks. The main target species include salmon, tailor, bonito and maybe some small kings.

Hey Raiders.

I just laybyed a new Shimano Starlo Stix Classix shore spin rod and i've matched this up with a Shimano Stradic 5000fi and i had a feel of it yesterday and it feels pretty good. My question is what line should I use for the Stradic, I was thinking maybe braid but I'm not sure, I will be using this outfit for spinning off the rocks and off the beach with 20-40 gram metals and possibly some 30 gram surface poppers for off the rocks. The main target species include salmon, tailor, bonito and maybe some small kings.

Braid will give you a better casting distance for sure.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.

I was suggested that mono would be a better choice, is that an issue?

I have the exact same rod with a FI series stradic 4000 on it...

I have thus far filled a spool with 20lb mono and happy with the distance I get out of it flicking 28Grm Slugs.

I was planing to fill one spool with 10lb Mono and 1 spool with 15lb Braid, But I had the 20lb laying around so I through that on..

got the same set up use it to spin and live bait loaded up mine with 30lb fireline exceed and can cast a 40gr raider 80 to 100m on a good cast got smoked on 20lb top rod for the price and has plenty of power in the but and good stiffnes in the tip.the reel is a workhorse got kings up to 75 of the stones and few small sharks handle them with out much fuss.

Hey Raiders.

hey mate iv got the exact same reel on a 9ft 6-8kg shorespin. put 20lb fins braid on it and casts 40g raiders a country mile. caught 2 nice salmon the other and handled with ease. the 5000 has a spare spool so you could put 15lb on one and 20lb on the other, cover all bases!