Batemans Bay

brecko90

Hi Raiders,

Im planing a trip to Batemans Bay staying in the coach house marina resort. I know this place is right on the break wall but is it good fishing along there, i have tried before but always been disappointed maybe i have the wrong gear n bait?

So if anyone could help me with what baits will be best off the wall and where to get them or if there is any other spots anyone could recommend to be it would be very helpful.

gday mate we live down the bay and the wall is very hit and miss if you you dont mind a bit of rock fishing there is a nice platfor down at gurilla bay the cliff is steep but has man made steps put into it i havent fished there for years myself but i know a lot of people that seem to think its still good good luck on your trip and tight lines

the bay is great when you have a boat or kayak drop prawns underneath the power lines just up the clyde should get bream all day last time i was there they were all pretty small but good fun on light gear

gday mate we live down the bay and the wall is very hit and miss if you you dont mind a bit of rock fishing there is a nice platfor down at gurilla bay the cliff is steep but has man made steps put into it i havent fished there for years myself but i know a lot of people that seem to think its still good good luck on your trip and tight lines

Where abouts do you access it from?

Gurillla bay map

yea the wall is pretty hit and miss, i have caught some decent bream and flatties off there but usually i get nothing, is there any other good land based spots on the clyde that i can access??

I haven't done any good on the breakwall either. For such a big area it is hard to find good land based spots. I have caught drummer off the rocks at Lilli Pilli and south of Sunshine Bay. Try Rosedale for whiting and Broulee for Salmon.

Hi. If you are land based I would recommend under the Clyde river bridge on the Northern Side (Sydney side) - either to the east or west is ok and try and fish at slack water as the tide does rush through quite fast.

Bream , Flathead and trevally are the normal catch and the best bait is Fresh Mullet flesh cut in to strips.

If you can bring some fresh bait with you so much the better

Edited by Suttons Curse