Towable Boat Cover

paul.kenny

Hi Raiders,

During my recent road trip to Monduran Dam in QLD I was frustrated by not having a suitable waterproof coverall for my boat. When I purchased my boat I also purchased a custom made coverall that was supposed to be suitable for towing the boat. I subsequently learnt from experience that this cover is not suitable for towing as it does not fit snuggly over the side console and the fabric had holes rubbed into it as it was flapping in the breeze. The coverall is now only suitable storage purposes.

I am looking for a manufacturer who can custom make a suitable waterproof coverall that will survive multiple road trips to the various Bass and Barra Dams. I would appreciate advice from anyone who may have had a similar cover fitted for their boat.

cheers,

Paul

Hi Raiders,

During my recent road trip to Monduran Dam in QLD I was frustrated by not having a suitable waterproof coverall for my boat. When I purchased my boat I also purchased a custom made coverall that was supposed to be suitable for towing the boat. I subsequently learnt from experience that this cover is not suitable for towing as it does not fit snuggly over the side console and the fabric had holes rubbed into it as it was flapping in the breeze. The coverall is now only suitable storage purposes.

I am looking for a manufacturer who can custom make a suitable waterproof coverall that will survive multiple road trips to the various Bass and Barra Dams. I would appreciate advice from anyone who may have had a similar cover fitted for their boat.

cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I had my trailable cover and bimini done earlier this year and have just done my second long trip with it. I copped heaps of rain this time and it didn't leak. It is also easy to place, fits really snug and doesn't flap about. It was custom, cost around $800 - $900 but is worth every cent. It's reinforced (doubled) at points wear it rubs and is likely to wear. Only problem I have found is one of the eyelets (there are only 6 in total)is looking abit dodgy but I ring the guy and ask him to look at it. When he fitted it he told me to keep an eye on any 'rub' points he may have missed and if there were any issues he'd come and fix it.

Not sure if I can write the company name here but he is Mobile and does Boat Covers so I' sure you can find it easy on the net. PM me if you get stuck.

I highly recommend him.