Blackfish are still HOT TO TROT

Spent a great day today with a few good mates blackfishing down the harbour with Tom (Stillrockn) Smitty and Craig.

The day started well with a few nice fish coming to the net with the local weed and then that bloody SW wind sprung up and we had to move but it proved a good thing as the next spot we went to the blackfish were there as well and we were out of the wind.

The bite was a little slower today but we still managed a great feed of 20 or so Luderick and everyone got a few for the table :yahoo:

post-256-001962000 1318148487_thumb.jpg

post-256-082090900 1318148489_thumb.jpg

post-256-037181200 1318148498_thumb.jpg

post-256-044912700 1318148503_thumb.jpg

post-256-081532800 1318148494_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a top day out fellas it was fun.

P.S Sorry Adam we left because of the wind and will catch up with you again real soon

Cheers Stewy

Like to know where you guys get these fish. :1yikes::1yikes:

Spent Friday and today chasing the blackfish with some beautiful weed and only managed 1 fish on Friday.

Ended up at Cremorne Point this arvo for zippo!!!!

It's killing me. I'm heading for another fish next weekend and could do with a hint or two.

Jealousy is a curse.... :biggrin2:

Cheers Jed.

Like to know where you guys get these fish. :1yikes::1yikes:

Spent Friday and today chasing the blackfish with some beautiful weed and only managed 1 fish on Friday.

Ended up at Cremorne Point this arvo for zippo!!!!

It's killing me. I'm heading for another fish next weekend and could do with a hint or two.

Jealousy is a curse.... :biggrin2:

Cheers Jed.

Check you PMs Jed

well done stewy another great haul of blackies you make it look so easy :thumbup: as for me yesteday at blues and second attempt big fat donut :huh:

cheers paul

We will get out for a session and I will show you how its done.

Once you know its a matter of refining your technique.

Cheers Stewy

OMG Your killing it on the blackies, Stewie well done,

one of these days ill have to give this style of fishing a go...

what a feed you have there well done,

Regards,

Nathan

You know Nathan I love all forms of fishing and blackfishing has a certain appeal to it.

Just standing there watching the float then it dissappears and the strike and that first powerful run the luderick has just keeps me going back for more and its even better with a few good mates to share the fun with.

Not to mention how good they are to eat :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Yep, sure was a great day standing on the shores of the harbour Stewy (apart from that bloody westerly wind :mad3: )...thanks again fellas! Its always great to get some time to fish together mate, even if most of the time is spent watching you pull fish after bloody fish out of the drink haha.

Cant wait for blackie fillets for dinner tonight...yum!!

Cheers,

Smitty

You know Nathan I love all forms of fishing and blackfishing has a certain appeal to it.

Just standing there watching the float then it dissappears and the strike and that first powerful run the luderick has just keeps me going back for more and its even better with a few good mates to share the fun with.

Not to mention how good they are to eat :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

I know you love all forms of fishing :biggrin2: but your blackfishing is exceptional at the moment.

If you guys are out and about on a weekend id love to meet up and watch if thats ok...

and yes I have heard they are great on the table, enjoy the feed!!!

Regards,

Nathan

I know you love all forms of fishing :biggrin2: but your blackfishing is exceptional at the moment.

If you guys are out and about on a weekend id love to meet up and watch if thats ok...

and yes I have heard they are great on the table, enjoy the feed!!!

Regards,

Nathan

I dont fish that often on weekends and do shift work and on the rare occassion its usually to catch up with my good mate Smitty who only has weekends to fish.

If you can swing a day off during the week I might be able to give you some tuition on blackfishing and I have a second setup so gear is not a problem.

Cheers Stewy

Yep, sure was a great day standing on the shores of the harbour Stewy (apart from that bloody westerly wind :mad3: )...thanks again fellas! Its always great to get some time to fish together mate, even if most of the time is spent watching you pull fish after bloody fish out of the drink haha.

Cant wait for blackie fillets for dinner tonight...yum!!

Cheers,

Smitty

I felt your pain on watching me landing fish Chris,especially in my tired arms :yahoo: when we get to Glenbawn I bet I will get tired watching you catch fish as well.

I am pretty sure that my bait presentation has meant that I do get a lot more downs and right now I think its about perfect....you are no slouch when it comes to all forms of fishing and thats all I can think of to why it was so one sided yesterday.

Catch up soon mate.

Cheers Stewy

Wow awesome catch again Stewie. I was fishing with Adam today. I am getting more and more addicted to this blackfishing, but he tells me he is waiting for you to turn up before he blackfishes again. Dam that southwesterly was bad down there this morning. Lots of downs ...but it was only the wind causing it :(. Is there any other decent spots in the area to avoid the S/W.

Cheers Larry

well done boys!! stewy the blackfish slayer strikes again!

by the way I went for a flick on saturday and ended up with about 8 small flathead and while i was out on the water I discovered a spot that looks like a prime blackfish spot from a boat. I will probably try it in the near future and let you know stewy how it goes.

P.S. nathan - maybe we could organise a blackfish session one saturday if your keen? send me a PM.

once again well done boys!

pete.