Went for a fish and a party broke out

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Headed up to stockton beach on thursday night for a weekend away on a mates annual mancation as he calls it this has been happening since 2003 this was my first invite so i arrive at campsite at 11 pm and sit down aroud the fire after introductions and a few jacks decide to set the tent up at 1 am with the help of the other boys finnished at 2am off to bed woke up at 6 am and hit the beach for a fish to find the water not looking good at all with the ocean brown and a heap of current running north to south rig up and fish for a hour with salted pillies for no result.head back to camp for breakfast and help other campers who had arrived get set up some of the other campers were asking about rigs and the gear i was using so i spent the arvo showing them how to tie knots and use the rigs i have sucess with did not fish friday night as the drinks were going down well around the fire with the music cranked early sat morning a storm came through at 3 am with a impressive light show after a hour wait hit the beach at 4am down beside the wreck as this was the only spot to hold bottom was getting bite offs from tailor so rigged up with ganghooks the tailor were small with the biggest going 40 cms and smallest 25 cms landed five fish which were kept for bait. Got back to camp to relax and watch bathurst coverage and and watched ireland vs wales rugby match then went for a fish with the others the current had slackened off glenn ended up getting his first fish of the beach being a 25 cms bream which was released then i got a bream of 30 cms for dinner the next fish i got was 30 cms tailor which was sent back out as a free swimming livebait while i was waiting for a bite glenn yells out im on the result being a good fight for his second fish off the beach a salmon measuring 65 cms after this went back to camp for dinner and to watch france beat england and another night of drinks and music. Woke up sunday morning and pulled down the tent and got everything put away had breakfast and watched the start of bathurst said goodbye to the other campers and left for one last fish at 11 am fished for 3 hours throwing spinners into the gutters for one salmon of 55 cms and a tailor of 40 cms not many fish caught but a top weekend had by all photos to be attached on following post

Edited by hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

ca514588-2601-fff0.jpg

ca514588-265b-de9f.jpg

ca514588-268d-0d3c.jpg

ca514588-26a9-1822.jpg

ca514588-26d9-2660.jpg

ca514588-26f3-b54c.jpg

Sorry for photos on two other posts only way to upload them loaded from the phone

Edited by hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

That is one hell of a set up you guys have got there :thumbup: . What a spot as well!

You might get a jew near the wreck in Feb

gav

box trailer has the works spit,6burner bbq,2 burner stove top,deep cycle battery,extendable aerial for tv reception,4kva generator and sound system installed makes camping a little too easy :biggrin2:

Guest hawkesbass

They have changed lavis lane entry now and taken some of the fun out off getting onto the beach as for the fishing there was quite afew fishos out on the beach and from observing them there was not much around at all

Guest hawkesbass

Goos the wreck has started to decay a fair bit over the last two years people used to camp on it plus some of the ship was removed as it became a safety hazzard