Lower to mid Hawkesbury

pura vida

I'm new to fishraider and was wondering if anyone could tell me some good spots around Cowan creek or on the lower Hawksbury. The family doesn't do to well with swell so places like lion island aren't a good idea. Inland waters are best. Looking to catch jewies, large bream, flaties, kingsfish and pretty much anything else of a decent size. Also things like tackle suggestions would be great. (I'm 15, so bare with me)

cheers

There are flathead drifts opposite Cottage Point to the north. I've also done reasonably well for Bream around the rock walls in Smiths Creek.

Jerusalem Bay also has a good selection inc Jewies, just move around a bit til you find a pocket with fish in it.

The other spot I like is Little Shark Rock Point just east of Jerusalem Bay, get some nice bream and other species there on an incoming tide. Vibes, plastics, and prawn baits have served me well there.

There are flathead drifts opposite Cottage Point to the north. I've also done reasonably well for Bream around the rock walls in Smiths Creek.

Jerusalem Bay also has a good selection inc Jewies, just move around a bit til you find a pocket with fish in it.

The other spot I like is Little Shark Rock Point just east of Jerusalem Bay, get some nice bream and other species there on an incoming tide. Vibes, plastics, and prawn baits have served me well there.

Where abouts can you launch from that's close to cottage point? Akuna Bay?

Closest ramps I know of are Apple Tree Bay down at Bobbin Head and Akuna Bay

that's right it's a great ramp and wharf with heaps of parking, the key to fishing this area is to move around, no point in digging in at one point and waiting. there is almost not current in the back of the system berley up (fine mix) if you don't see or catch anything move on. Morning and dusk can be good for surface action watch for the birds they will show you the fish (use the wind to drift into them, or they will go deep before you get a cast off) the sand flats at the end of many of the bay at the change of tide can work well for flatties and bream.

I you plan on spending a lot of time fishing the area it's worth spend a day just cruising the area and marking holes and drop offs ...something I keep on saying i'm going to do but at yet have not really done it.