Slow day on Botany

Breambucket

Hey guys hit up Botany sunday mid day to arvo with my mate Trent befor we went out to dinner with a few mates that night.

We started off at towra first drift for nothing other than a couple of pike then decided to move in real shallow to chuck hard bodys and weightless plastics

First cast with the hardbody and i was on to my first of the season hardbody bream :thumbup:

15wo16r.jpg

Then for the next hour and a half we basically landed a fish every 2nd to 3rd cast with a few bream and a heap of pike thrown into the mix. the best bit was that i actually caught fish on 12 different lures!

Squidgy - wrigglers, lobbys, critters, flick baits, bugs,

Powerbait - gurbs, bass minnows,and hawgs

Scumline - amphibians and ripjerks

My own blades and the Atomic HB in the first pic

Heres a pic of fish released after our second drift...

r7iyc2.jpg

And a couple of trevs on a double hook up we had both went 41-42cm

2r3uk4i.jpg

There were a few bust offs from larger fish and trent lost a flattie that would of gone mid to high 60's easy

So all in all not a bad sneaky sunday arvo fish with 25 or so tevs between 33-42cm,5 bream between 25-33cm a heap of pike and a couple of whiting

We only kept a couple of bream and trevs for trents mate but the rest were released :thumbup:

Thanks for reading guys

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Breambucket

Awesome haul of fish!!!! i cant wait to get into the shallows and use my new flats set up. hopefully nail some good fish like you did :thumbup:

what dont you blades get though

I know my blades get too many pike for my liking :ranting2:

I cant wait for the water to warm up! too much rain keeping the temps down!

Cheers

Pete

OMG - What a great catch!

If you call that a slow day i would love to see you in action on a good day!

Suprised you did not get a bag full of flatties at Towra.. the place is teaming with them.

Well done mate.. you did very well.

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

OMG - What a great catch!

If you call that a slow day i would love to see you in action on a good day!

Suprised you did not get a bag full of flatties at Towra.. the place is teaming with them.

Well done mate.. you did very well.

Cheers

Trung

Cheers mate!

The Topic is a little bit sarcastic compaired to some days especially when the bream are on :biggrin2: but it still was a very frustrating day missed alot of fish hooks didnt like sticking at all ! After working the way they were bighting we would strike then high stick the rod and reel in really fast untill the hooks set.

We went well on the flatties the other week but we tried heavier weed this time basically just trying to find Bream but bycatch is very welcome

Thanks

Pete

Cheers mate!

The Topic is a little bit sarcastic compaired to some days especially when the bream are on :biggrin2: but it still was a very frustrating day missed alot of fish hooks didnt like sticking at all ! After working the way they were bighting we would strike then high stick the rod and reel in really fast untill the hooks set.

We went well on the flatties the other week but we tried heavier weed this time basically just trying to find Bream but bycatch is very welcome

Thanks

Pete

Hey Pete

I always see the bream and whiting darting around in the shallows around towra but never thought there would be that many travs there.. you cleaned them up good! :thumbup:

Have never really targeted the bream and travs in the weedy patches with lures but will give them a go now after seeing your many post!

Watch out for me on the weekend invading your patch! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Trung

Nice going BB, That's a hot session. You must be pretty handy with the lures.

Sunday mid arvo was kinda windy and you still did alright. :thumbup:

So far I can only manage a few flattties on SP and not consistantly.

Have to try shallow water and Towra soon.

Pete,

Great 'slow' day action. Good to see the bream have shown up and looks like you found a good school of trevally. When they're in a feeding mood, they'll take virtually anything and are probably beating bream to the lure. I enjoy targeting them actually! You're not wrong with the weather - hopefully we really get our spring weather in the next couple of weeks ...

pmak

WELL done Pete yet again....

SLOW DAY :1yikes:"landed a fish every 2nd to 3rd cast" .. Thats not a slow day... Id be happy with that... :beersmile:

A great session.... Thanks for sharing... Now time to find sometime and hit botany bay...

Nice going BB, That's a hot session. You must be pretty handy with the lures.

Sunday mid arvo was kinda windy and you still did alright. :thumbup:

So far I can only manage a few flattties on SP and not consistantly.

Have to try shallow water and Towra soon.

Hey mate keep trying and you will get results! i might even show you around one day next month if your interested?

Nice Pete

The bream should fire up there on the next new moon

Water must be cold still if your getting pike

Hey Andrew! the water was 18-20 degrees depending where in the bay i was hopefully the pike piss off soon :biggrin2:

I hope the bream are around in the basin in a couple of weeks i got the squidgy final on and apparently it has been super slow down there

Pete,

Great 'slow' day action. Good to see the bream have shown up and looks like you found a good school of trevally. When they're in a feeding mood, they'll take virtually anything and are probably beating bream to the lure. I enjoy targeting them actually! You're not wrong with the weather - hopefully we really get our spring weather in the next couple of weeks ...

pmak

Thanks bud!

We have to meet up ond day on the water for a top water session! And we can target trevs too :thumbup:

Hey Pete

I always see the bream and whiting darting around in the shallows around towra but never thought there would be that many travs there.. you cleaned them up good! :thumbup:

Have never really targeted the bream and travs in the weedy patches with lures but will give them a go now after seeing your many post!

Watch out for me on the weekend invading your patch! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Trung

Hey mate ill be out there on friday soo ill take most of the fish but leave some for you :thumbup:

But Seriously its anyones water, i have confidence in catching fish (which does not always work out) but if someone is in a spot that i wanted to try i just go somewhere else, theres a few good places more towards kernell and in the channel between captian cook bridge and ramsgate which is where we found the fish a couple of weeks ago

Post a report up of how you go mate

Cheers

Pete