Attention Caddis!

And the last one - these are all ties reguarly ised in NZ by myself and some mates all accounted for some good bows and a few big browns especially the hot collar caddis! I tied up multiples so in pic order

1. wee hackled pheasant wet

2. caddis emerger

3. hot butt bead head micro wooly worm

4. hot collar bead head horn caddis

5. hot collar horn caddis

Enjoy in the post Tuesday buddy!

post-5131-086600200 1318237657_thumb.jpg

Edited by luderick -angler

Could do, could do. I'll give you a call.

I'm thinking of inventing a new nymph, specifically for blue mountains areas. Similar to a PTN, but using lyrebird tail feathers instead. I found a few last time I was in Kanangra and brought them home, thinking it might be nice to use some local ingredients.

My thinking was to use lighter colored fur dubbing, various size / colour bead heads (indeed no bead head for shallower, slower water) and make something that would because reasonable mayfly nymph imitation. I know I could just use a regular PTN but where's the point in that? Plus, the lyrebird feathers have a lovely two colour sheen to them that I'm hoping trout will find as attractive as I do.

Thoughts?

Hi Royce,

They don't look rough to me at all. looking forward to trying them out. I got a good dose of the flu so my trip this weekend could be compromised which is a real shame as T&T sent me a demo 3wt to test drive.

I'll let you know.

Regards Chris

Yes, back to it, the Kanangra Nymph will be invented and I'm sure it will be a roaring success.

Caddis, I hope you get well soon - hopefully we can hook up for a fly mission sometime in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to my G2 5 weight arriving from its warranty repair job, broken on its first outing and still hasn't caught a fish.

No worries my friend hope you like them! I tied a nice special green one for you!!!!! Little bit of sparkle!!!! Just had Angus around and got him into the basics of tying nymphs he did tie a nice skinny olive hare and copper bead head! I almost stole it it was that good!

Cheers

Royce!