Australian Juice

rockfisherman

Hi Raiders

I wanted to bring to your attention a news report I was watching on fruit juice sold on our supermarket shelves, and just how deceptive big name companys are...I found it extremely distressing that Aussie fruit farmers are battling to stay afloat against the 70 million litres of fruit concentrate imported from China and Brazil per year.

The sad truth is besides the the water, plastic bottle and bottle cap used, less than 5% is Australian produced juice, in fact the only reason they add Aussie juice is to alter the colour, because when it comes from overseas the fruit is harvested in huge amounts before its actually ripe to make room for the next harvest.

Australian fruit farmers conform to our strict standards regarding chemicals, ie fruits are only allowed to be sprayed for insects 3 weeks before harvestation, meaning any chemicals will be gone, and yet there is no regulation what so ever on how often the imported product is sprayed for pests.

You yourself can recognize the above mentioned by checking the label, and if it states:

"MADE FROM LOCAL AND IMPORTED PRODUCTS/PRODUCE"

You're drinking Chinese and/or Brazilian fruit concentrate thats been watered down, All Australian, Chemical free juice can be found in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.

Cheers.