New convert to Harbour Blackfish

What a top arvo,

Decided to head down to the Harbour as Cobba(Craig) has sent me a few pms on not doing so well at one of our better known spots.

Got there around 2pm and Bob a mate was there and already had a few in the bucket :yahoo: the downs werent fast and furious but enough to keep us all interested.

Tally was ok with 16 fish landed and a fair few busted off or dropped.

Bob offered me a few nice hooks to try and they seemed to do the trick with my hook-up rate increasing.

One nasty incident that happened was a couple of young kids tried to walk around the weedy edge to get some weed for their young friends and one little bloke slipped into a crevice and cut his leg and foot really bad :1yikes: I knew he was in trouble and couldnt get out because of the slippery weed so I raced around the ledge and helped him back up and then piggy backed him and his little sister to saftey and into his mums arms...I had rock spikes on and they are invaluable when fishing on weedy rocks.

Good deed done it was back into the blackfish and Craig and I got a few nice ones as well and I think Craig has a much better idea of whta to expect now and his catch rate should improve markedly.

Thanks for a nice arvo guys it was fun and hope we can get together again soon.

Here is a pic of Craig with a few nice ones for the table.

post-256-025631200 1318674104_thumb.jpg

Damm is was hot on the ledge today and I drank a full bottle of coke just to keep hydrated.

Regards Stewy

Nice one boys. The fish have been a good size and full of fight lately. I will be going again on Monday, but the weather forecast states it will rain. :1badmood: That's why they invented raincoats, I reckon. Hope I do as well as you. My back only allows me a couple of hours on the rocks, or I pay for it the rest of the week.

Nice one boys. The fish have been a good size and full of fight lately. I will be going again on Monday, but the weather forecast states it will rain. :1badmood: That's why they invented raincoats, I reckon. Hope I do as well as you. My back only allows me a couple of hours on the rocks, or I pay for it the rest of the week.

The weather looks ok for monday if you are fishing inside the harbour and my back is screaming right now!!!! thank god for hot showers :yahoo:

The blackfish sure pull hard atm and a few times I thought that I had a much better fish on....unreal fighters.

I must have hit a few good ones today as I lost 4 hooks to fish on the strike using 8lb nitlon leader

Cheers Stewy

well youve done it again stewy well done :thumbup: also for helping out the kid who was hurt :thumbup: , and congrats to graig for bagging a few blackies im sure after that session with you he will be bagging a few more!! well done boys !! :yahoo:

cheers paul

I have got to get together with you Paul for a session and show you exactly how its done and you will fill your keeper as well.

Plenty of good fish around at all the recognised spots.

Cheers Stewy

I have got to get together with you Paul for a session and show you exactly how its done and you will fill your keeper as well.

Plenty of good fish around at all the recognised spots.

Cheers Stewy

sounds good mate , looking forward to it! , there seems to be alot more weed there compared to a couple of weeks ago when i was there?

cheers paul

well done stewy. Thanks for the invite but as i said we were attending a birthday at royal randwick, I ended up backing 4 winners , won money and walked out behind due to the expensive food and drinks - ouch!

good to see you had a good day without me.

pete.

Busy little rock ledge that one. 3 of rocked up there at around 11 and it was chockas already.

We headed to the other side of the river for a slow 3hr seesion and were able to land 4 in the bag and dropped 2 more. Good size fish as well and I agree that they are fighting hard at the moment.

Cheers Jed.

Just wanted to say thanks to Stewey for helping me learn the ropes for these very often timid fish.

I now know what to do and more importantly what to look for at the float.

It was great meeting you both and I look forward to fishing with you guys again soon.

I went again yesterday and got 2 solid fish that i will post about later.

Think im heading back later this afternoon to catch the low tide.

Thanks again Stewy