Entrance beach 15/10/2011

Benji-martin

ca514588-45ba-e8de.jpgHi everyone,

Went up to the entrance for the weekend got up Friday night leaving first thing Sunday mornning.brought a few mates with me who do not fish but keep asking me to take them. So we get up at 4:30am for the first fish, got down and by the time we rig up and look for a spot(which was right in front of the walk way) it was 5:00am. I had three rods set up 2 outfits with 30lb line out for salmon and talior and a 8lb out fit out for bream. I cast out the light outfit first and before we could get the nest one out it is going off and taking line. My mate picks up the rod and dose not really know how to fght a fish that obvisoully was heavier then the breaking strain of the line by along way. She was going really good and we got it close to the beach and see a huge salmon. The inexperience came into play and when the wave came in and went out my mate kept onreeling it in and the pressure got to much and snap it goes. She was a little disappointed but it all was learning curve for her. I told her that is what happens you put out the nice light gear and the nig fish always take it. I thqught it was going to be a really good morning but it went quiet for awhile till my mate finally got her fish a 36cm bream and she was over the moon. I felt Good because I made it my mission to make sure that they all got a fish. It went all quiet again until my mate got another thumper bream and it went 38cm. By now it was 8:00am and things were getting very quiet until my other mayes rod goes off. I talk him through the fight and he got his salmon in and it was a real thumper and if this is what was out there know wonder we lost the salmon on the light gear because the salmon high 5kg on the scales. Soon after this the light rod goes again and it was another salmon and again lost it at the beach but o well that is fishing. I really did not get a chance to fish but was happy to see my mates get some nice fish.

We go back in the afternoon and there is weed everywhere which made life hell and it did all night. I got the same three rods out. There were only two of us this time. Didn't wait long and the light rod went screaming and I got to it and after a good fight on the light gear I got the salmon in. This one went 4.5kg on the scale. After thus we could not get a bait in the water with out catching a heap of weed. The one time I got a bait out with any weed I get a shovel nose shark on the light rood again. We gave it about 4 hours but the weed got to much and we left.

So over all

2x salmon and bream to take home.

Hope you enjoyed reading

Shark'od

Edited by Shark'od

Sounds like a couple of thumper salmon there and that weed can be a real pain in the ass some times and even broke my 30 lb braid one night with so much weight on the line.

Nice report.

Cheers Stewy

Hey shark'od

sounds like u had a decent trip! Im heading to the entrance tomorrow for a bit of beach fishing, where about's where u fishing from on the beach. i use to find left of the channel was always pretty decent. anyway have a good 1.

Hey fishnatic

I was fishing infront of the walk way from the park (first right after you go over the bridge). I found the morning better with the tide high and lots of white water. I could not find any live worms up there no shops had them so hope you have better luck then me at that. I was just using pilchards but they were not touching whole pilchards only half ones which I did find interesting. Hope this helps