drummoyne 16/10/2011

Nathan00734

it started off with a phone call to my mate seeing if he wanted to go landbased this morning to see if we could get into some whiting.

plans changed and he decided to take the boat out. so the misses and i and guy (aka kelza) hit drummoyne area today.

he picked us about about 5:30 plans were to be on water by first light and we werent to far from it :)

armed with nippers and worms, (nippers being the best bait by far

first stop was an area not to far from the boat ramp. i dont want to say whereabouts as im not sure if he does mind if i give away some spots. but if you pm me i should be able to give you a few spots where we got lucky today.

so spot 1. kelza chucked in the first bait and within 30 second he was on. pulled up and was a nice chopper tailor. went 33cm and back in the drink all agreeing that it will bring us good karma for the rest of the day and it did!

with the misses out fishing me last two fishing outings i had to beat her today :P

within the next hour misses caught a squire, kelza had pulled up a bream, whiting, and squire all being undersize so all of these went back in. Decided to move and noticed that salmon were busting up not to far from us. there were already about 4 other boats there. nothin that we threw or the other boats threw at them had hooked up. must of been feeding on somethin small. stayed there for a bit with my misses pulling up a starfish which kept her interested.

moved to spot number 2 for about 2 or 3 hours, all undersize fish but just about when we were goin to move i hook up to a nice flatty, goin 39cm

we then went back to the ramp as we decided to go get more nippers.

we then returned to spot 1 and again within minutes kelza is hooked up,

putting up a nice fight and up came a FAT trevally going 46 or 47cm, ive never seen one or seen someone fight them, with light gear they look like awesome fun. i think i got more excited than him. as well as my misses jumping up from her sleep to see what it was.

stayed there for an hour or so for more squire.

then moved to spot 3. we decided to drift for the rest of the day and pulled up more whiting and squire. then i hook onto another nice flatty measuring 42cm

by then it was about 3:30 and we were red as a lobster. best day to be on the water. overall 15+ fish were caught which kept us entertained. 4 keepers. but just keeping the trevally and two flatties.

just like to say thanks so much kelza for an awesome day. myself and my misses enjoyed every minutepost-18612-042348200 1318752467_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great day out.

I reckon pound for pound, there aren't many better fish to catch than trevally. They fight like the blazes.

So much fun, but somehow underrated as an eating fish. They fry up nice.

Well Done,

You guys are very keen almost out for 12 hours thats dedication, the results will come your way with persistence like that!!!

Yes I have to agree the Trevally are alot of fun especially on the light gear.

I bet you are nicely roasted now being in the sun for so long!!!!

I look forward to your future posts,

Regards,

Nathan