WHAT IS YOUR MOST SUCCESSFUL SOFT PLASTIC?

idolz

Im not looking for your spot X!!!!... *smile*,,,... I was just wondering what has been your most successful soft plastic (be specific coz there are millions of the bloody things out there! style and length) with which size jig head and which size hook and targeting which species of fish??? You may have a few different favourites you may like to share

Idolz

Gulps - 4inch Minnow in pumkinseed are great...but now... SLAMBAITS 4in minnow in pink bubblegum

1/6th ounce TT 2/0 jigheads ideal

Slayed many hundreds of flatties, bream, travs, kings and everything else with the above combo

Cheers

Trung

lol i dont know why you guys go so heavy for but anyways

80mm wrigglers in wasabi blood worm and lava, normally 1/16 or lighter heads in up to 5 meters of water or 1/12 when the water is flowing a little faster

3 inch minnows im pearl watermellon or peppered prawn normally 1/12-1/16 but on occasions ill use 3 gram heads if its 6-10 m

and im starting to really like lobbys in the small size hidden weight over weed

cheers

Pete

for bream, flatties, EP, Whithing..... actually most estuary fish

80mm blood worm wrigglers on a 1/16th or 1/12th jig head

75mm squidgy flick baits in yakka for EP

they have been consistent performers for the past 2 seasons

But have been starting to get some good luck on the Damiki D-Grub :thumbup:

And will be testing the berkley 4inch ripple shads on the flatties and jew next season on 1/4oz heads, they worked well on the barra.

I'm certainly no expert and relatively new to soft plastics but I have caught a few whiting and flathead with the 80mm squidgy wriggler in bloodworm colour on the lightest jig head possible. But then again i've heard that flathead will take just about anything.

Good luck :thumbup:

Of late I have only been chasing 2 species....

Jews.

Keitech swing impact fat, 4.8" in sexy shad with a 5/8th or 1oz 5/0 TT jig head (only just starting to come into this country and importer currenty has no stock) :ranting2:

Banjo oh I mean Jackall Bros Transam 95 in any colour with Gamagatsu size 4 trebbles and owner size 4 split rings fitted, the standard hooks and rings will end in tears on that fish of a life time! (was hard to get but now here in numbers)

Snapper

Berkley Gulp! 4"Pogy in orange fire tiger on a 5/0 TT jighead ranging from 1/4 to 1/2oz in less than 25m.(don't make any more, I got the last 800 packs in the country :biggrin2: )

Berkley Gulp! 4" jigging grub in smoke on a 5/0 tt jighead ranging from 1\2- 1oz for anthing deeper than 25m (current model)

Oh and Trout

Squidgie wriggler in blood worm on a 1/40th hidden weight.

Happy shopping!

Greg

Edited by GregL