wilson venom

PRED-ATOR

hey guys,

anyone used the wilson venom jigging stick?

from all the youtube videos these things look animal but i have never seen anyone use or own one in the flesh, nor do i see them stocked anywhere.

Any info on how they perform would be awesome. Anything that can deadlift 40kg would be a broomstick i would assume?

Cheers, Stan

hey guys,

anyone used the wilson venom jigging stick?

from all the youtube videos these things look animal but i have never seen anyone use or own one in the flesh, nor do i see them stocked anywhere.

Any info on how they perform would be awesome. Anything that can deadlift 40kg would be a broomstick i would assume?

Cheers, Stan

I had a play with one the other day pe8-10 rated. Had heaps of grunt and didn't need to much force applied to start to load up but was too heavy for my liking. Was pretty good value if you were after a jig rod in that range.

im heading to port douglas at the end of the year and wanted to jig up some doggies. Will be using 450gm jigs, pe10 on a saltiga z dog fight

ive used the saltiga spartain before but way too expensive and i dont like the new t curve's. any other suggestions?

im heading to port douglas at the end of the year and wanted to jig up some doggies. Will be using 450gm jigs, pe10 on a saltiga z dog fight

ive used the saltiga spartain before but way too expensive and i dont like the new t curve's. any other suggestions?

I have a suggestion,

If you are going after doggies you better pay for a rod that will stop them as any inferior tackle will result in dissapointment and even then you need a little luck with these denizens of the deep. 100 lb braid needs all the rod you can afford.

Regards Stewy

I have a suggestion,

If you are going after doggies you better pay for a rod that will stop them as any inferior tackle will result in dissapointment and even then you need a little luck with these denizens of the deep. 100 lb braid needs all the rod you can afford.

Regards Stewy

Stewy you got any in mind?

Honestly i dont want to spend too much.

And the demon blood is made on the same blank as saltiga's so if there not going to be up to it maybe the demon bloods wont either. That being said there an awesome rod though : )

I really dont want to spend too much becuase theres not really that much in sydney i will be able to use it on so only when travelling.

I thought the wilson venom would have been ok especially for the price. I dont want to spend more than $600, i know thats a big ask but yeh.

What about the samaki jig pro? or the jig master?

Cheers guys

hi mate, i have both the 250 and 350 venom rods in the spin models and they are absolute weapons. After using one on a charter about 6 months ago side by side with some other well known jig rods there was no comparison. jigged comfortably for longer and for the amount of effort i exerted it transferred heaps to the fish really putting the brakes on them whilst others on the boat were being dragged about doing it tough. worth well over the 400 odd bucks they cost imo.