harbour saturday

PRED-ATOR

G'day Raiders,

Was my mates bday on saturday so i promised him a quick bash on the harbour before he got aboslutely wasted that night lol. We planned a quick 4 hour session so we didnt waste anytime.

Today was just about hard bodies and knife jigs.

Got to tunks park at 4am. Luanched the boat and headed straight for rose bay to target some jews till day light. No jews, no nothing for that fact.

When it hit day light i punched it out to the 12 mile. It was a really hairy trip out there, at one stage i launched a couple of feet in the air much to my mates despair lol.

Jigged the 12 mile for a donut, i sounded a really nice school of fish and they werent interested. I was using 420gm jigs first becuase of the current, but that lasted about 15 drops until i thought my arm was going to fall off lol and went back to a 250gm butterfly.

We headed back in around 830, trolling sydney heads. There were so many birds ou tthere!! all brown ones dont no what type they were but they were goin off. I hooked an awesome bonito which i lost at the boat, it was by fat the biggest bonito i have ever caught. That was on the rapala x rap trolled around the birds. We continued to troll the spread for nothing. Headed back in at 10.

I would of put the video up of me hooking the bonnie and you see it come to the boat, i had no net so i tried to grab it by the tail and failed dismally. Was a terrible effort on my part lol and i continue to swear while its recording lol.

Hopefully heading out again for some down rigging, GOTTA GET THOSE KINGS!!

enjoy the read,

Stan

Hey guys, we also headed out on Sunday.

Left Roseville at 6.30ish, picked up some yakkas. First time we've tried this - no success though. Tried putting them out around the boats by the Spit. Nothing.

Tried Old Man's Hat, nothing but a couple of trevali.

Headed out of the heads. We also saw the massive flock of ganets. They were hammering the biggest school of pillies I've ever seen. We were flicking silver lures around hoping to pick up a predator, but nothing. Apart from the birds trying to nail our lures.

Had a whale pop up from nowhere scarily close to the boat.

Trolled back around the heads, nothing.

Tried a wedding cake for a bit, nothing.

You can see a pattern emerging here.

Headed back to Clontarf, a usual safe bet for some flathead/snapper. Really quiet there too.

It was a great day out on the water, just disappointing to not catch anything decent.

There's always next time.!

At least you didnt loose ur knife jigs to leatherjackets as i lost 4 300gms at around $17 two weeks ago at the peak LOL

LOL bloody leather jackets. I make the most awesome paternoster rigs and i bring them up with no hooks coz of them hahaha

Hey guys, we also headed out on Sunday.

Left Roseville at 6.30ish, picked up some yakkas. First time we've tried this - no success though. Tried putting them out around the boats by the Spit. Nothing.

Tried Old Man's Hat, nothing but a couple of trevali.

Headed out of the heads. We also saw the massive flock of ganets. They were hammering the biggest school of pillies I've ever seen. We were flicking silver lures around hoping to pick up a predator, but nothing. Apart from the birds trying to nail our lures.

Had a whale pop up from nowhere scarily close to the boat.

Trolled back around the heads, nothing.

Tried a wedding cake for a bit, nothing.

You can see a pattern emerging here.

Headed back to Clontarf, a usual safe bet for some flathead/snapper. Really quiet there too.

It was a great day out on the water, just disappointing to not catch anything decent.

There's always next time.!

Hmmm Sydney harbour pillies :thumbup: , everything loves them, might have to head out this weekend if they are still about and try to pick some up as livies.

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg