Brisbane Landbased Suggestions?

CarlRak

Hey All (especially ex-Queenslanders or those that have spent some time in Brisbane),

I’m headed to Brisbane for the rest of the week on a work trip but have evenings and an afternoon or two free. Thought I’d take a light rod and some plastics with me and hopefully get into a few fish. Love giving work trips a bit of a different focus.

Would like to target Bream and Flathead from any shore based locations within 45mins or so of the CBD. I’ll have a car so will be able to drive places. Can anyone suggest anywhere or have any tips?

Also, this is my first time travelling with a rod and tackle. Are domestic airlines comfortable with tackle going in your checked luggage and two piece spin stick (collapsed 3.5 feet long) being carried (don’t have a rod case) on-board?

As always, much appreciated.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Please try the link below, if it doesnt work Ill try sending you a picture when I get home as I dont have much access to do much at work,

Basically this spot is just under the brigde on the Pacific motorway very close to Dreamworld.

There is a boat ramp there also, I fished here a couple of times while I was living in Brisbane around 40 mins drive from Sunnybank Hills which is basically 15 Klms to Brisbane.

there is a walkway that goes under the bridge which can be fished all the way along, try burlying up with bread mixed with water and bait of choice by far would be Mullett, I have caught a few bream there and Id say there would be flatties around also.

where about's will you be staying whilst up in brisbane??

Regards,

Nathan

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=boat+ramp+oxenford&hl=en&ll=-27.882518,153.311849&spn=0.028109,0.055575&sll=-27.877928,153.314788&sspn=0.007255,0.013894&vpsrc=6&hq=boat+ramp&hnear=Oxenford+Queensland&t=m&z=15