What would you do?

rjc123

Hey raiders,

having trouble making my mind up at the moment. Im getting a new outfit but i just don't know which option to take.

1. T Curve T Series 5-8kg baitcaster rod with a Okuma V System Baitcaster matched with 25lb braid = $500

2. Shimano Baitrunner 6500b matched to a silstar crystal blue powertip 8-10kg and 40lb braid = $250

The Baitcaster option is far more expensive as you can see. The baitcaster would be used as a travel rod when i head up to places like darwin, Weipa (Cape york) and noosa to tackle jacks, barra and all the rest. Maybe even useful for some lure fishing down here.

The Baitrunner option is primarily for kingfish and jewfish. I do not have access to a boat at the moment so would be landbased and hiring boats. Only will be used maybe 6 times over summer.

I need some advice on what to do here. The Baitcaster could be used for both lure and live bait for jacks and so on while the baitrunner will only be good for livebaiting. Any advice would be great!

get 2 baitrunners for the price of 1 t curve and double your chances of getting a jew :thumbup:

seriously from what little knowledge I have all the so called experts rave over the Tcurves and they reckon they can be used for just about anything. I guess I would go for the one that will make me feel glad that I bought it.

pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

I agree with Pete and the other thing is the Silstar Crystal Blue is a awesome rod I am looking to buy one also when I have some spare cash!!!!

The T-Curves are very popular as a matter of fact I own one too but its a light action one and I love it!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Yeh, thanks for the replies. Maybe a Shimano Raider Baitcaster would be another option. Are the 1 piece baitcaster rods better than the 2 and 3 piece? Im pretty sure ill go for the baitcaster option at the moment.