camping/ beach fishing locations

rockfisherman

Hi Raiders

A mate and I have decided we would like to camp out on a beach, do some fishing, have a fire going etc etc

Any suggestions on locations would be appreciated...

Might be an idea to give them your location otherwise they might suggest a nice sandy beach near Broome W.A.

Musty

• 3 weeks later...

You could also look at camping south of Seal Rocks at Mungo Brush accessing through Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens.

A great spot is anywhere on the back road south of Crescent Head in the Goolawah NP to Point Plomer. Good waves, bushwalks, lovely beaches and great fishing. You can find a spot to fish in just about any conditions.

KB

I second Koalaboi, on both accounts.

Have been to both areas numerous times and they never seem to dissapoint, regardless of conditions. But neither one lets you camp literally on the beach, it's more a case of walking through the dunes or across the road.

Hi Raiders

A mate and I have decided we would like to camp out on a beach, do some fishing, have a fire going etc etc

Any suggestions on locations would be appreciated...

hey fishingphase, just double check with the local council,but i think fire might be ilegal on the beach.

hey fishingphase, just double check with the local council,but i think fire might be ilegal on the beach.

Alot of place Camping on the beach is illegal. Alot of National parks also now only allow camping in their paid/registered camp sites. My brother and i used to go camping off the beach south of Yagon in amongst the dunes up near Hawksnest/seal rocks, mission to get in there either by serious 4x4 tracks or hiking but well worth it. Last time i was up there all the fire trails are locked up and the only spots you're allowed to camp were at Yagon and Mungo Brush in the big camp grounds with every other idiot and their drinking, music, noise etc. We walked in and hid our camp site back in the dunes off the beach but you risk a good fine doing that sort of stuff. Personally i find it disgusting the way National Parks are slowly locking us out of areas like this. Sorry for the rant but really annoys me that some burecrat has locked me out of one of my favourite holiday/fishing spots in NSW. :ranting2::thumbdown::mad3: