kingfish tales

namesay

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have chased these fish around the country and have been lucky to score a few good fish from time to time. I was fortunate to have fished when there were no marine parks or even bag/size limits!

I keep getting asked the same question constantly and that is "where"?

The simple answer is to try everywhere. Big kings do not hold in one spot indefinitely. They need a lot of food and small bait fish don't like hanging around them. When you observe these fish in the water, they are constantly on the move. So try a lot of places and eventually you will find them.

Of course it is no use if the fish aren't around. You really need to know their preferred temps,salinity, water clarity etc. You will also find that keeping a good diary will help. This is made easy on sites like this as the archived posts and reports will give you a good idea of the seasons/months the fish are likely to be found.

The best course of action is to fish hard and often and the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place. Cheers Kelvin

Folks,

You are spending too much time reading fourms and too much money in the tackle store.

Try spending spending more time on the water and you might actually land that hood.

Yakkaa

Well Said Yakka

But you have to admit that those kings are awesome size. I wouldn't mind knowing exactly where they were caught.