Sussex Inlet for a week

Get The Net

Hi all as mention my wife and I went down to Sussex for the week, I have been looking forward to this holiday for a while as my wife has had a battle with Breast Cancer the last 12 months and she needed some time for some R & R . I had updated my old mid 60's De Havilland to a model later 70's De Havilland which took a bit to get it all up and running, I didn't get it into the water in Sydney so finger crossed. Morning time so down to the ramp to see if the boat would float as it had a lot of little holes from the transducer well 40 minutes and no water so down to get the fuel primed it up and she kicks then nothing I thought that's strange all ok at home, so I checked the hose the primer again and it didn't go hard so I thought no fuel so I checked the connector to the fuel tank and no fuel checked the fuel connector on the tank and found the pick up hose fell in the tank. So I rowed the boat around to the wharf and tie it up, cut the hose I had and connected to the pick up and pressdo it started. So now to fish the water was so clear I could see plenty of fish so I was thinking I might get a fish or two, well Day One and I was thinking does it get any better than this sitting in the boat wetting a line results 2 undersize 1 borderline bream so put back for next time and 1 Flattie (dinner). Day Two this time my wife came out with me which made it a special trip as we didn't know if this was going to happen again in our life so after a couple of hours a few little one's nothing special, so I met a guy that was staying at the same place and he became my fishing buddy we fish for 4 hrs and I had my best day on the boat 27cm bream & 45cm trevalley this was awesome took a while to get it a big smile on my face and 10 odd undersized.Day Three Rain no fishing.Day Four I had my fishing mate again this time back to earth couple of undersized but still had a great time.Day Five and my Wife again came out and Donna was determine to get a fish this time, her reel had a run but nothing I managed to get a 30cm & 35cm Taylors, as this was last fishing we stopped in the canal and Donna caught a 19cm trumpter (Boat record). So in the end we had a great week and can't wait till next time

Steve

P.S. We stay at Mounties Cabin on the Canal worth a look if you are going down there.

post-2373-007149300 1320054691_thumb.jpg

post-2373-021397800 1320054702_thumb.jpg

post-2373-098244800 1320054711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Get The Net