It's prawning time

Ray R

Just a bit of info for people who would like to do some prawning for the first time or 1000th time..

Now is the start of this months prawn run, the next 2 weeks is the prime prawn time..

Get out there and into ém, any lake with some good shallows be it open or closed to the sea,

the prawns don't care as they tiny little brains tell them to get out to the ocean even if it is closed to the open sea.

Good luck and hope to see some prawn reports... :thumbup:

Just a bit of info for people who would like to do some prawning for the first time or 1000th time..

Now is the start of this months prawn run, the next 2 weeks is the prime prawn time..

Get out there and into ém, any lake with some good shallows be it open or closed to the sea,

the prawns don't care as they tiny little brains tell them to get out to the ocean even if it is closed to the open sea.

Hi Ray

I find night time just couple hour after low tide before there'll be plenty of fish chasing bait. Is it because of prawning season?

Krist

Hi ray. Fiona and i are going up to the entrance on thursday arvo till sunday morning hope to bag a couple cheers stephen

Hi. Do you mind posting up how you go at the Entrance? (we are heading up there next weekend to chase some flatties on plastics... hopefully there's a few about chasing the prawns!!! :biggrin2: );

Cheers, Alex.

Hi. Do you mind posting up how you go at the Entrance? (we are heading up there next weekend to chase some flatties on plastics... hopefully there's a few about chasing the prawns!!! :biggrin2: );

Cheers, Alex.

Flatties are starting to show at The Entrance, still a lot of little stuff about, whiting still slow there also.

Better be quick before it's fished out again this year.

Late last week there was so many boats in channel and the sand banks were shoulder to shoulder, it was like Xmas holidays there.

You'll get more flathead on plastics using a slow retrieve there than with bait.

Also, Fisheries inspectors have been smashing the area lately, it's a great site to see and plenty getting fined apparently haha.

Hi Ray,

I have never been prawning before and was wondering when the best time to go is.

Is it in a run out tide or run in?

Also given the rain the last few days would this affect my chances of bagging some?

Cheers

Brian

Hi Ray,

I have never been prawning before and was wondering when the best time to go is.

Is it in a run out tide or run in?

Also given the rain the last few days would this affect my chances of bagging some?

Cheers

Brian

G'day Brian, I've been wanting to go for the last 4 nights now but the constant rain and wind has put a big stopper on that, try the run out tide if the area you are in is open to the ocean..

Does anyone know if Lake Tugerah/The Entrance is open to the sea? If it is, what is the delay(in time) in the tide, as I'm led to believe that the best time to go prawning is on the outgoing tide.Many thanks.

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft