Marlin off Sydney

kitto77

Hello Raiders

First time poster but I am sure this is want people want to know. Heard rumours of early season marlin so went out for a look today. Put lures in at Wide FAD for nil water temp 18.9, set course east to the shelf then headed south along 240m line when water hit 20.8. Within 10 minutes long rigger goes off hit by marlin not sure if it was a stripey only got a quick look at it maybe 400lb. Of course it hit the worst reel on the boat TLD25 which was top shot 200m 50lb mono over 50lb braid. Got snapped off when mono grabbed in the braid. Came across 3 big schools of bait but nothing hunting them.Lost my first Marlin, $50 lure, 200m of mono but ill be back next week with 4 50w and not top shotted reels.

Hello Raiders

First time poster but I am sure this is want people want to know. Heard rumours of early season marlin so went out for a look today. Put lures in at Wide FAD for nil water temp 18.9, set course east to the shelf then headed south along 240m line when water hit 20.8. Within 10 minutes long rigger goes off hit by marlin not sure if it was a stripey only got a quick look at it maybe 400lb. Of course it hit the worst reel on the boat TLD25 which was top shot 200m 50lb mono over 50lb braid. Got snapped off when mono grabbed in the braid. Came across 3 big schools of bait but nothing hunting them.Lost my first Marlin, $50 lure, 200m of mono but ill be back next week with 4 50w and not top shotted reels.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Thats is what we want to hear...yeee haaa all reved up now :thumbup:

Great effort on your first marlin attempt.

They are memories for life :yahoo:

I bet your keen as to land one now

I heard of one being landed last sunday also as they were heading to browns mountain.

Lets hope the marlin and dolphin fish keep us on our toes this season

TOP STUFF :1fishing1::1fishing1:

chris.

Bad luck on your first marlin,nothing wrong with a TLD 25 to start off with, just don't like top shoting. You can fit 600 mts of 15 kg line which is plenty to catch your average stripe marlin inside the shelf, have caught plenty myself with that outfit before I did upgrade.

Goodluck and keep trying it will happen.

Cheers Silvo

Hey Kitto,

bad luck on the lost big fin mate. Maybe you should spend less money on the paint job on your boat and upgrade your tackle a little? Otherwise you could let me know when your going out next and I can give you a few pointers.....

The more the merrier.....

Charmo

Edited by charmo

Hey Kitto,

bad luck on the lost big fin mate. Maybe you should spend less money on the paint job on your boat and upgrade your tackle a little? Otherwise you could let me know when your going out next and I can give you a few pointers.....

The more the merrier.....

Ok I will how much notice do you want to meet me at the ramp at 6am? 3 days should enough to drive from Wilcania, maybe it would be easier for you to just read the forum and dream about it.

Charmo

Edited by kitto