Pittwater / hawksbury Jewfish

windredj

hi raiders heading out saturday morning in hope of catching my first jew in pittwater, will try juno pt, flint and steel reef and the bridge thing.

gonna try for some mullet on friday in narrabeen lakes, then sat morning try for squid in pitty (probs not for long as impatient). also would it be worth while getting some yakkas?

any tips ??? also should i have my bait on the bottom or halfway?

cheers

In Pittwater you need to find deep water with a plentiful bait supply and good current flow A few spots to try are anywhere along Portuguese Beach, Coasters Retreat and off Taylors point. At taylors point there is a sand spit that rusn out from the shoreline and when it reaches around say 13m of water then you should find a likely spot and fish it. Yakkas fished on the bottom are probably best however, if you have fresh or live squid then chuck them out too. The by catch is good with Big Flathead and the odd Kingie.

cheers, didnt end up finding the squid so bought some at patonga then tried the flint and steel reef for nothing then heading to the railbridge, caught some pesky catfish, port jackson shark and a stingray. id say next time we will move over 15m as the guy next to us was catching catfish, jews and one massive flattie, note all my fish were caught when i saw where he was casting so i followed suit :)