Salmon On The Beach?

Trouble

Havent had a fish for a while off the beaches and was just wandering if the salmon have moved into the gutters?

Dont need any location just want to know if there on at the moment on the northen beaches..

The tide is looking preety good for tonite :thumbup:

Havent had a fish for a while off the beaches and was just wandering if the salmon have moved into the gutters?

Dont need any location just want to know if there on at the moment on the northen beaches..

The tide is looking preety good for tonite  :thumbup:

53450[/snapback]

Hi Trouble, yeah there's some good sized sambo's about, but they are gone in an instant. I got 3 sambo's this morning in about 15 minutes, and picked up some tailor nearly two hours later.

Get out their early. I prefer an hour before sunrise. :frozen::thumbup:

Spizza

PS/thanks for the plug Jocool! ^_^

Palm Beach is usually a good bet for salmon, particularly up towards the northern end. Look for a good gutter or a hole adjacent to a sand bank and fish either the change of light or change of tide, or together if they fall that way.

I just might dust off my wetsuit and have a crack at them this coming weekend.

Yeah nth palmy has some of the deepest gutters i have seen in a while, i thought i would investigate the depth of the gutter while i was having a surf there a week ago and it was double over head on the mid tide in the front gutter.. so it looks promising.. :thumbup: It is a fair hike for most sydney siders but i guess if you make the effort it will paysoff sooner or later..