Managed A Feed Of Jackets

robthefisherman

Myself and my neighbour Corey ventured out to Port Hacking today putting the boat in at Yowie Bay around 5.30am, spent a little time trwing about some jigs but the squid didn't want to play.

We then spent half hour or so fishing near the first set of channel narkers heading out of youwie bay with absolutley no success. By this time the sun was popping its head up and the water was flat as a tack so we dicided to pop our nose out past the headland for a looksie.

We headed out around the bombie and about 2km along the shoreline about 500m out and stared to pick up some fish on the finder so we cut the motor and tossed the lines over the side and all hell broke loose 3 of lines of the back all went off at once and up came 2 trevally both around 25cm and a frigate about 30cm. The trevally's were promptly returned and the frigate kept for bait. About 2 mins later another frigate which was sent out as a livie which got hammered by something about 10 mins later but busted me off around the outboard :05:

It was not long after this that the first leather jacket came up, closely followed by another then all of a sudden lines were being tugged everywhere,quickly realising that we were over a school of jackets we all changed hook size and proceeded to drop the lines straight down over the side of the boat and within seconds of dissapearing into the water they were being taken. We kept 5 jackets and returned many more to the water, after about half an hour the noveltly began to wear off and getting sick of lined being bitten off we dicided it was time to go as the wind was picking up at it was getting very choppy.

It was a wet and bumpy ride back inside the Port and we dicided to head up the Woronorra where we had heard there was a few whiting to be had but alas not for us so it was back to south west arms where for the next few hours we played with more leatherjacket ,baby snapper and a couple of more little frigates.

All in all it was an enjoyable day out on the water and home with a feed to boot

Guest Jocool

Good going Rob. LJ are a nice feed!

We headed out around the bombie and about 2km along the shoreline about 500m out a

53588[/snapback]

Was that south when you went out or north? What sort of depth were you fishing?

We headed out around the bombie and about 2km along the shoreline about 500m out

It was not long after this that the first leather jacket came up, closely followed by another then all of a sudden lines were being tugged everywhere,quickly realising that we were over a school of jackets we all changed hook size and proceeded to drop the lines straight down over the side of the boat and within seconds of dissapearing into the water they were being taken.

David & I fished the same (or near to )spot on Saturday with a similiar result. Family & friends love jackets so we kept about 20.

On the way back stopped at the western point of Dark Bay only to find more jackets , these all went back

Regards

Geoff

Geez wasn't I disorientated last night :wacko: I noticed I said head up the woronorra now that would take some navigating, of course I meant head up the hacking DUH :badair:

Must have been the hit in the head I got when the wind slamed the window through to the bow shut just as I bent down to open my tackle box :1wallbash:

Hi Chris 

We actually got them on bloodworms and prawns

53733[/snapback]

????????????? your sure that they were frigates not slimies, never herd of them falling to bait' only lures.

I have caught bonito on pillies, white bait & strip baits but not frigates but in fishing you never know :wacko: