A day of predators

Robofish

Hi Raiders,

Me and my mate were out yesterday in Broken Bay, caught some fish and saw some sights that made our day. We started at West Head picking up yakkas and we were filling our tank when Rob spotted a kingy swiping at the fish as we brought them in. I quickly slipped a live yakka on one of the other rods and put it to the king, several refusals later (my heart was beating out of my chest) and he finally smashed it from the surface and was on. A few good runs later he threw the hook but what a sight!

We tried a few different areas am then decided to try Smiths Creek for some flatties. As soon as we entered we saw some decent Taylor busting up so stopped to throw some plastics to them and had some fun. We shortly saw another school further down, hooked up almost straight away and as I was playing the fish a decent sized Bull Shark flashed through the middle of them and relieved me of my catch! I tried to interest it with some frames but be liked the Taylor too much.

Lastly we were drifting Palm Beach (which was unbelievably really quiet on the flatty front) when Rob spots a fin 20m from the boat and it was another shark lazily finning past us.

All in all we did catch fish but the sharks in particular made it a day to remember.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sharks have always been there. For the amount of people who swim, water ski, etc in these areas compared to the number of people taken by sharks I do not think there is too much of a problem. There are more people involved in boating and fishing accidents each year then taken by sharks. Will we give up fishing and boating?

Get out and enjoy yourself, life is too short.