Forster 26/12/2011

Benji-martin

Hey everyone,

Up at Forster for 3 weeks and thought instead of writing a huge report at the end of my holiday I would just do a daily report. Today only had the morning to fish since the afternoon was our Christmas lunch with my grand parents that live up here. I was off the shore using plastics. Started off at the Forster wharf at about 5:30 and about 15min into it wack first hook up. It was a a 50cm flathead. Thought to myself not a bad way to start. I walked down the wharf and the shore line leading up to the bridge and got nothing. I don't know if this was due to the fact that the prawns had been running all night or if I'm still not all over the plastic thing I have only been into it hard for a year. Anyway I got to the first little wharf near the bridge and first cast under there I got a hook up and I got the flathead to the surface and I could say it would of been my PB flathead on lure but it eventually bit through the 6lb leader. Anyway re rigged and had a go on all the wharves with no luck. The current got very strong so I had a cast in the marina and picked up two more flathead one legal, one very small. It was 7:30 now and was hungry so called it a day.

Tomorrow I get the boat back from its service so hopefully conditions are good and I can get outside. If I can't I'm going to try and use some blades for bream and flathead. I have never used blades before and just wondering how you work them I was going use them just like a plastic.

Martin