Snapper Frenzy

andrias

Hi all long time observer of the forum and first time report. Fly to Adelaide for Christmas and went on a fishing charter specialize on snapper. First drop of the bait,

straight away triple hook up, the biggest being 75cm snapper (not sure about the weight) and then went quiet for while and the skipper decided to move to a different

spot. Same thing here, after about a few minutes the snapper were on the bite again and they range from 40cm to 70cm. We keep moving to different spot and catching

snapper after snapper until we caught the beast at 90cm.

Never been really good at making report so i have attached picture for y'all to see.

Any question ask away :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: Does anyone know a goof fishing charter for kingfish and mahi mahi from sydney? cheers

post-2407-023941100 1325639088_thumb.jpg

Edited by SeriouslyInNeedOfHookingBigFish

pics

1st of all, well done for the catch and nice to hear you had a great time

But regarding keeping all those snapper..........hmmm I really feel uneasy with that. I totally understand it is all your right to keep them, and I am not having a go at you but I would expect fishing charters to keep what you need for a feed and a little plus and release the others. I went on a fishing charter in NZ not a long time ago and we caught over 50 xos kings, and the skipper allowed us only 1 to keep. It is not a surprise, day in day out they still catch plenty of fish

Again, I want to clarify that I'm not here to judge, its just how I feel about it, may be it is just me

kind regards

Bertrand

great haul of snapper, don't think I've ever caught a single keeper, just pinkies.

but in regards to the post above, about feeling "uneasy seeing so many fish being kept", but we don't know how many fishos where onboard that charter boat, if it had 10+ people fishing, that lot of fish would only be 3 or 4 per person, so not that much considering the legal bag limits ranges from 2 per person to 10 in SA (or boat limits) depending on location and size of the fish.

@ Noodles Sorry with the pic mate, was very tired after the fishing and had only my iphone to take a quick pic before the skipper distribute the fish.

@ Bertrand Let me clarify that there were 11 of us fishing on the charter and everybody end up with 1 snapper above 60cm and 2 snapper between 40-60cm to take home. So it's not like i took home all those fish in the pic, but i understand and appreciate your concern in conserving those fish. so hopefully no hard feeling mate...cheers :biggrin2::biggrin2:

well done on the snapper only thing i have to say is there is just as good snapper in nsw as SA even at our doorstep south coast anywere from gong to harbour i have fished and had a few around 7kg mark this winter we had really good season one outing we didnt get a fish under 5kg

post-10665-006238400 1325752495_thumb.jpg

@ Noodles Sorry with the pic mate, was very tired after the fishing and had only my iphone to take a quick pic before the skipper distribute the fish.

@ Bertrand Let me clarify that there were 11 of us fishing on the charter and everybody end up with 1 snapper above 60cm and 2 snapper between 40-60cm to take home. So it's not like i took home all those fish in the pic, but i understand and appreciate your concern in conserving those fish. so hopefully no hard feeling mate...cheers :biggrin2::biggrin2:

You dont need to justify legal catch on this site - but nicely answered.

Members please note the rules regarding criticism of legal catch - thread closed :mad3:

Cheers Blood Knot