Forster 05/01/2012

Benji-martin

Hello everyone

Done a couple of sessions today. First was my normal walk along the shore live with some guys from the caravan park. We started about 5:30 and fished till 8:00 in the mornning. There were three off us and we started off good in the first 15min we had s double hook up with two nice flathead. But after that it went dead. We could not get a thing we tried everywhere. It was just one of those mornings but whole we were in the wharfs under the bridge we noticed all the people walking over thd bridge stopping and looking at something so we went for s walk to see what the fuss was about. We got there and there were 4 meter long flathead sitting in a 15n radius of each other. It was an awesome thing to see. We could also see other flathead not as big.

In thd afternoon I went down with some mates and fished the corner of the beach again. There were 4 of us and we had about 90min to go some fishing in that time we really ripped through thd whitting. We must of caught 30 fish which was fun and we brought back 5 including my mates 42cm model of a whiting. This spot has now produced 2 days in a row and us becoming my new favourite spot.

Martin

Quite possible those flatties were close to breeding with the water stsarting to warm up. Pretty sure the bigger fish are all females and most, if not all, small fish would be males hanging around waiting to fertilise eggs.

Was up there nye and the water was 25.3, nice and warm