CENTRAL COAST

Cenco

Hi all,

New to the coast and just got a boat a month or so back.

Been out a few times on tuggerah lake and Gosford. More to have a look around and get a feel for the place.

Now it's time to get serious and throw in a line or 2.

I am not keen on the Entrance as there is too much traffic and the rest of the lake I have seen is shallow and full of weed.

From Gosford, I crusied around and went up to the Rip Bridge and a bit further.

I am not after exact locations, but am after some local knowledge as to where are some good fishing spots and an tips.

Mainl after a fun outing and if we brought home a feed of Bream or Flathead, that would a bonus.

Wait to hear.

Mate around the rip you will get some corker bream, flathead and jews. Use big plastics for the crocs that lie there. Oyster leashes around woy woy and ettalong produce good bream. Sand flats at ettalong will get you some good whiting, use bloodworms or small poppers for a bit of surface action.

Travel out to Lion Island with a few deep divers and you will surely hook up on some bonnies, salmon, tailor. And if you drop a line out the front of the island you can get some good trev's and flatties.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this.

I haven't been out again yet.

Been up Smith's lake, near Forster. Went out on the Lake but it's very shallow as they had to open it up and let some water out.

You can virtually walk across it in places. Saying that I heard there was a lot of Whiting about up there, and sure enough hooked up to about 5 or 6 a day, all over 30CM in the lake. Apparently they are everywhere at the moment up there.

Fresh fish for lunch and breakfast.

Hopefully get out at Gosford on the weekend, weather and misses depending.