Botany Bay 10/1

quintrex480

Decided to take my dad for a fish today, left a little later than I wanted. My 3 month old daughter decided she wanted to play after her bottle at 4:30AM :biggrin2:

Got onto the water at 7:30 and first up was fishing the flats over at towra on the end of the run up but the the NW going against the current made it tough but we did ok with 3 decent bream and a flattie, and about 5 undersize bream.

Second up was to try the squid grounds, I need to have a word with DHYPE & PENGUIN because I think they fished them all!!!! :biggrin2: took me 2 hours to get 2 lollipop squid, and being my dad's first time squidding, he lost 2 of my jigs!!! 40 bucks down the drain DOH!

well anyway, with 2 squid, we tried to see if there were any kings about that we could tempt, sounded out the drums and it was dead as, so went over to molli, and it didn't look too promising either, but decided to give it a go anyway, dropped both squid, and within 10 minutes they were smashed up by pickers!!!! what took me 2 hours to get was gone just like that in 10 mins!!! :ranting2::ranting2:

decided to give the flats another go before heading home, and all were got were 3 undersize bream and small rays. Decided to pack it in, GEEZZ I hope those kings turn up soon, it's getting quite frustrating :ranting2:

post-16665-068677000 1326192896_thumb.jpg

hahahah - what are you talking about? .. only caught 50 or so squid this week! :biggrin2:

At least you got out on the water today and landed a few nice fish.... i was stuck at work gazing out the window dreaming of squid.. squid and more squid...

Catch you soon on the water!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE!

hahahah - what are you talking about? .. only caught 50 or so squid this week! :biggrin2:

At least you got out on the water today and landed a few nice fish.... i was stuck at work gazing out the window dreaming of squid.. squid and more squid...

Catch you soon on the water!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE!

EXACTLY!!!! :biggrin2: last week off so trying to make the most of it. I'll be doing the dreaming come next week, when you out next?

EXACTLY!!!! :biggrin2: last week off so trying to make the most of it. I'll be doing the dreaming come next week, when you out next?

Heading out on Saturday .. if condition look good, might head out to the PEAK/FADS first and fish the Bay later in the day..

Want to pickup some kings and dollies... we got a 16kg dolly up north last week and have been hanging to catch another one since!

Trung