Narrabeen then Roseville Bridge

night_rider

Hey guys,

After all kinds of fun with Sp's and Cooked prawns i thought the next thing to try is the secret chicken parmie cocktail.

Flew over to Narrabeen after work late yesterday arvo; TOO many holiday goers....Pulled in a few whiting, one decent just shy of 30, but felt a little crouded so flew back under the Roseville bridge.

20111217184908.jpg

Two seconds in the water and WHAMMMMO! My little Shimano somethingarother 2500 reel is screeming its nuts off, although my sp rod, i lost my jig on my last cast at the lake, so thought i would rig it up with a running sink and long shank rig. What ever this was it was heavy and pretty strong, thought flounder upon my first sighting, got it close and it ran away again. A minute or 3 later, i got it to the shore and it was a fairly decent sized fantail Leatherjacket....WIN.

20120110211025.jpg

Next cast out i threw a slightly off direction cast, missing where the LJ was pulled from hoping to find his mate, and again almost upon hitting the water i was on again! My god light gear, reasonable fish...LOTS OF FUN!

This seemed like a stronger fish again, lots of runs, strong darts, i could feel it trying to run into the deep water, but with a quick adjustment of the screaming drag i had her under raps.

Reeled her in to find a lovely fat bream.

20120105200045.jpg

All in all a nice couple of hours, the missus who was there in moral support started getting "cold" ( she had enough, it was bloody humid) so we packed up a headed home.

Looking forward to reeling in a nice flatty on Marinated Chicko.

Tight lines guys.

Edited by Marky Wants to Fish

Nice Mixed Bag,

And that Shimano something or rather is a Sienna 2500 and I have one too and love it Great little workhorse!!!!

I have several diferent shimano reels but honestly 9 times out of the 10 I am flicking around the Sienna.

I have been busting to get down to the lake but other committments have slowed me down but good to know that the fish are around!!!

regards,

Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

Great report and some nice fish caught, well done :thumbup:

I have a Sienna 2500 too and it's a nice little reel for the price.

It's funny when you take the Mrs and even kids for moral support and they say they are getting cold in humid summer conditions .... I think it's their way of saying they've had enough and want to go home.

Keep up the great work :thumbup:

Great report and some nice fish caught, well done :thumbup:

I have a Sienna 2500 too and it's a nice little reel for the price.

It's funny when you take the Mrs and even kids for moral support and they say they are getting cold in humid summer conditions .... I think it's their way of saying they've had enough and want to go home.

Keep up the great work :thumbup:

HAaha Chelub im glad there is someone else copping it from the "Moral Support Team"

I'm buying a boat soon, i don't think she'll complain then sitting in the sun on the

water reading her book.

I havent managed another nice spread like that, i seem to look one fish, then 10 more of the same...

CANT WAIT FOR THE BOAT! :1fishing1:

Top stuff Marky Wants to Fish !!

I don't get the chance to go out fishing as much as I would like with a young family, work and all so one way around it is to take the 'Moral Support Team' with me. That way I am spending time with the family and have a line in the water all at the same time. The Mrs can read a book, kids play around the shore looking for crabs and throw rocks in the water and scare the fish away or even hold a rod themselves if the fish are biting that is :yahoo:

Go the Moral Support Team :thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, I think it will be a different story once you get your boat.

Good luck with your next session.

All the best

Ian

Mate - first off nice results on all fronts

Can iask, as i often fish roseville bridge for uniformly zero results ... time of day ? tide ? and location (under the pylons?)

Cheers

Neil,

No issues with shedding a little light.

First what bait are you using? - I have had great luck w/ nippers & parmesan garlic chicken.

Location: South side of bridge off the wall that is fenced with cyclone fencing near the BBQ huts(walk down the rock path steps), and North side near the pilons on the west side towards the mangroves.

Time of day has been a mixed bag from middle of the day; swamped by little pesky snapper to arvo/ evening when the big bream seem to come out to play.

But truly; the chicken thigh fillets in small strips 1.5 cm long and a little wider than the hook, being tuff it will stand up to a few bites, and when a tiddler with a big appetite or slightly bigger puppy comes along, it will more or less hook itself.. :thumbup:

I usually only go to RVBridge when i CBF driving to Narrabeen...

Tide has been usualy on the run in/high as when she gets low, the oyster rocks come out to

destroy your line...

Would be happy to join you and steer your rod in the right direction one weekend?

Mate, all of that most helpful

Ill give the parmesan chicken a run - ive tried squid, prawns, freah yakka strips etc. Mostly nth side under the pylon and around high tide tio avoid the oysters...

Havent tried the cyclone fenced BBQ spot but maybe ill give that a run - gives the midgets soemthing to do if the fish arent biting

I tend to be very opportunistic with fishing - if the tides are right and i can leave the kids behind for an hour or two i get aleave pass, which is another way of saying i dont get to plan my fishing too much in advance . If i can sort the cheese and kisses out and get some time booked in advance Ill bung you a PM as some company would be great - the offer is most appreciated

Thanks again

Neil