Rough Day Sunday

Luringbream

Hey all,

Headed out yesterday in very sub standard conditions with intentions of heading out to 12 mile. As soon as we reached the heads, we came to a halt as the chop/wind/rain made it a messy ride. The nose of the boat dug into the waves and a bit water came over the hull. I raised the trim to about 15-25% max and I still struggled a fair bit. I ended up travelling comfortably at 15km/h and the decision was made to turn around.

So I ask, what’s the maximum you have trimmed your motor too when riding in rough chop? Should i have trimmed more, would it have made the ride smoother/more comfortable. What would you have done?

More importantly, did anyone catch any billfish over the weekend?

DAN

Hey all,

Headed out yesterday in very sub standard conditions with intentions of heading out to 12 mile. As soon as we reached the heads, we came to a halt as the chop/wind/rain made it a messy ride. The nose of the boat dug into the waves and a bit water came over the hull. I raised the trim to about 15-25% max and I still struggled a fair bit. I ended up travelling comfortably at 15km/h and the decision was made to turn around.

So I ask, what’s the maximum you have trimmed your motor too when riding in rough chop? Should i have trimmed more, would it have made the ride smoother/more comfortable. What would you have done?

More importantly, did anyone catch any billfish over the weekend?

DAN

Fished out past the 12 Mile and south on board SGFC Hoodlum (35 Carribean) for 1 dollie (8KG) and 4-2-0 on marlin (proved hard to stay pinned on lures and too rough to realistically switch bait or deep drop bait schools). A tough day, but with a little more luck we could have had a blinder! They are definitely out there to be caught!

Rough as guts out there Sunday. We trolled back from broken bay around the 50fth line as a sea sick crew was not prepared to slug it out to the shelf. Pulled the hooks on a smallish stripe off long reef. Pretty glad to get back to botany and dry off!

Hey dan,

Mate really depends on the boat you are fishing from. I have had a few boats now and all trim differently in different conditions.

I went out on Friday for zip. Nice weather big swell though. Started peak to 12 mile to browns to long reef and then Ho

E for absolutely nothing. Others though seem to be bringing the fish up.

Good luck at least you are giving it a shot mate.