Whats your Fishing Voodoo or hodddo Superstition

pigbody23t

Howdy raiders i was a deck hand on WRIGHT1 for years and john the skipper would never allow bannan's on board

now i fish with a guy a lot that puts his suntan lotion on with surgical rubber gloves so the scent dont get on the plastics ,

i have also fished with a girl that spat on her bait once when asked i was told "thats how dad tought me" :thumbup:

mine is that i never thru my ciggerate butts in the water and allways come home with them screwed up in my pocket much to my wifes discust {that goes for any rubbish but just the butts go in my pocket} i would like to know and hear about other fisho's do and donts when it comes to superstitions out there

Tip's up .....

post-19971-021348900 1327790313_thumb.jpg

and a few botany bay kings for your viewing pleasure

post-19971-095642400 1327790335_thumb.jpg

yes i know i need a haircut ....no hoddo there :biggrin2:

john

hmm, it's all making sense now...

I always thought my "voodoo" was letting the boat touch the water. As soon as it gets wet, the fish disappear. Now I'm thinking its all the other stuff I'm doing wrong... I fill up on the way to the ramp = fuel vapours on the hands...smoking on the boat = fuel vapours AND cigarette taste on my fingers (and just realised not good smoking with fuel vapours on my hands wacko.gif ) and then putting sunscreen on = sunscreen AND fuel AND cigarettes on my hands... what a cocktail! No wonder the fish don't take my baits, I wouldn't like it either. Lesson learned, pack rubber gloves when I go fishing.

Guest Aussie007

Yet some old Bream fisho's swear by drowning bait in WD40... It's petroleum based :04:

maybe its like expensive wine to humans :074:

plenty of them, always throw a gold coin overboard when gamefishing, never christen a boat in champagne always red wine, banana things all bs seen marlin caught on banana skin, wd40 is an old one, if you smoke or use suntan lotion ues aniseed soap. When the wattle is blooming the snapper run, Cuttlefish shells in the water = snapper. Never wear green. Always run a lumo on the longrigger. Always eat when things are slow.

Never kill a bird at sea, especially albatross. Always tie your first kingy off.

Edited by finin

I know this isn't quite the same but When me and my best mate go Trout fishing, generally one of us is always in the dumps- even if it is firing! We call it the 'Bad JuJu'.

Classic example was we were up at a place in the New England area fishing a new stretch of river. Being nice I gave him the first cast and he got a few follow ups and finally a fish. The Juju decided it was my turn. As we walked up the next kilometer of river, my reel started to grind suggesting the bearings were gone(and we were an hour or two walk away from the car). But I decided to fish on and all the time he is pulling up fish after fish. I would go to a new stretch and cast and would have massive fish have a go at my rod but never take it. :ranting2: lines getting tangled etc etc.

Finally, an hour and much swearing later, we got to a nice open pond and I finally hooked one. The Juju went onto him and I was now the one catching everything. Not only that, my reel started working perfectly again as if nothing had happened. It led to a few minutes later my mate casting at a spot and then me following up in the same area a second later and catching the biggest fish of the trip, a 50cm+ browny... :yahoo:

So our superstition is if someone is on the juju and then they catch a fish, you know things are going to go bad for you for a while and you are not going to catch any fish until it decides the other person has enough! It happens every time we go trout fishing without fail.... DAMN YOU JUJU!!!

I know this isn't quite the same but When me and my best mate go Trout fishing, generally one of us is always in the dumps- even if it is firing! We call it the 'Bad JuJu'.

Classic example was we were up at a place in the New England area fishing a new stretch of river. Being nice I gave him the first cast and he got a few follow ups and finally a fish. The Juju decided it was my turn. As we walked up the next kilometer of river, my reel started to grind suggesting the bearings were gone(and we were an hour or two walk away from the car). But I decided to fish on and all the time he is pulling up fish after fish. I would go to a new stretch and cast and would have massive fish have a go at my rod but never take it. :ranting2: lines getting tangled etc etc.

Finally, an hour and much swearing later, we got to a nice open pond and I finally hooked one. The Juju went onto him and I was now the one catching everything. Not only that, my reel started working perfectly again as if nothing had happened. It led to a few minutes later my mate casting at a spot and then me following up in the same area a second later and catching the biggest fish of the trip, a 50cm+ browny... :yahoo:

So our superstition is if someone is on the juju and then they catch a fish, you know things are going to go bad for you for a while and you are not going to catch any fish until it decides the other person has enough! It happens every time we go trout fishing without fail.... DAMN YOU JUJU!!!

HEHE I Hear ya there mate !

Edited by Pigbody