Vic beakies

Johnbob

Thats Good news for the mexicans! :thumbup: Now they have discovered marlin, after they have just found that they can also catch kingies outside. Seems like there may be more to life than just catching snapper, whiting, elephant sharks and gummies. There is life outside Port Phillip Bay :yahoo:. Mexicans are to closely related to their 2 headed cousins in Tassie :074::074:

Maybe it will stop them crossing the border to get to our fish! :beersmile:

You forgot to mention that the marlin from Tassie was caught out of a tinny. Looks about 40kg. Caught by the vice-preso? St Helens GFC I think?

Edited by finin

Thats Good news for the mexicans! :thumbup: Now they have discovered marlin, after they have just found that they can also catch kingies outside. Seems like there may be more to life than just catching snapper, whiting, elephant sharks and gummies. There is life outside Port Phillip Bay :yahoo:. Mexicans are to closely related to their 2 headed cousins in Tassie :074::074:

Maybe it will stop them crossing the border to get to our fish! :beersmile:

You forgot to mention that the marlin from Tassie was caught out of a tinny. Looks about 40kg. Caught by the vice-preso? St Helens GFC I think?

Yes it was actually 2 hooked, a blue and a stripe. Massive run out to them tho, exciting times for waters where these things dont happen very often as pointed out kindly by my friend. I forgot this is a NSW forum I should know better!

Edited by Johnbob

Johnbob, jokes aside :biggrin2:. The current must be screaming down the coast for them to go so far South, unless bait is the factor. What temps are you getting down there? What is the water colour? Rumour has it that there is also footage to be shown. The boys involved must be totally shattered. Possible vic record down the drain? Honestly would it be the first ever caught in vic waters?

This could seriously opoen vic gamefishing, you blokes have stolen the thunder for the bluefin, so why do none explore the possibility of Marlin or Broadies. Maybe you should pose this question to a certain bwana, if anyone he would be in the know of the real possibilities!

Johnbob, jokes aside :biggrin2:. The current must be screaming down the coast for them to go so far South, unless bait is the factor. What temps are you getting down there? What is the water colour? Rumour has it that there is also footage to be shown. The boys involved must be totally shattered. Possible vic record down the drain? Honestly would it be the first ever caught in vic waters?

This could seriously opoen vic gamefishing, you blokes have stolen the thunder for the bluefin, so why do none explore the possibility of Marlin or Broadies. Maybe you should pose this question to a certain bwana, if anyone he would be in the know of the real possibilities!

Hi Finin its certainly not the first. A fish or two is perhaps hooked every other year around the oil rigs which hold a lot of bait in their own right, they are a mightly big fad and well inside the shelf although a bloody long run from any port. The NZ Starbanks out east are well known for yellowfin and beakies just not many are game - its a serious distance and you will be on your own. I guess from an east vic perspective, new frontiers may be opening up because the guys have the boats to try these days and they have more of a clue than in the past, technology kinda helps too. Your right, JJ would be right on the money to talk to.

Cheers