Bass Baitcasters.

bassboy888

G'day raiders.

After recently coming back from a couple of bass trips in the past 2 weeks i have realised that my abu black max baitcaster is on its last legs, so i have bit the bullet and started looking for a new reel.

Now for a bit of info on what i am looking for;

first its got to be $180 and under, primarily used with 10lb braid

spinnerbaits from 1/4oz-3/4oz and some light hardbody/ ice jigging work

I have found a few i dont mind the looks of and these include:

Abu; orra SX,

abu orra inshore

abu revo s

or the Quantum catalyst

Any suggestions welcome or if anyone has any of these baitcaster (or multiple) i would love to hear your thoughts on these and what you use them for. :thumbup:

thanks in advance

Bassboy

I have the Abu Revo Sx and am very happy with it. I use it predominately for cod fishing, throwing spinnerbaits, jitterbugs and jackalls, and it has not missed a beat. A very popular reel for Top End Barra fishos. IMO it holds its own against some of it's more expensive competitors. After using my outfit, a couple of mates have purchased these reels and speak highly of their performance as well.

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks for the replies guys,

Predator, the i am more looking low profileas its just what i am used too in smaller sizes.... and the luna is a fair bit out of my price range, but i will keep the luna in mind when im looking for a new barra set up :thumbup:

Thanks hodgy, i was looking at the revo s which i am assuming is the model down. It was more the number one reel on my list at the moment.

cheers Bassboy

• 1 month later...