Botany Bay 11/2

quintrex480

Went out today with my cousins and Formosan on a 2 boat convoy, wanted to get redemption on the kings that busted me off last week.

Got to the squid grounds early morning and in around an hour we had both boats with bait tanks filled with squid.

Headed off to the same reef outside of the bay that I got busted off on last week and prepared to downrig some fresh squid, in no time Formosan is on, and by the fight, it's sure to be a good size king, we watch from afar and we see him haul in the hoodie (I'll let him post his own report for size and weight). On my second pass, I am hit and I struggled to get the rod out of the holder, and line is peeling off way too quickly!!! cousin's on the wheel driving us out to deeper water, but snap, the upgrade to 100lb leader didn't change a thing from last week, I still got busted off!!! You can imagine how low I felt right then, that was the 3rd bust off by some really big kings in a week! :ranting2::ranting2:

Anyway we continue, and we land a sambo and then a rat, here I am thinking I lost my chance at a big king, until I am hit again, and this time we gun it out to deeper water faster, in 20+ meters of water now, and away from the reef, I had a fight on my hands, and boy it was tough!!!! Finally had it boat side and netted, went 105cm, 9.2kg!!! high fives all around.

By then, I had to call it a day as I promised the mrs, but Formosan and other cousins continued on and I'll let him post what happened in his own report.

Pictures to come.

Bastard! Thats one fantasic looking fish!

All that effort over the past weeks has finaly paid off well!!

Big kings in skinny water pull hard don't they!! So when you getting that Stella to load up 20kg worth of drag so they cant reef you :biggrin2:

Lets see who can get the 10kg+ king from botany

Well done again.

Trung

Excellent day Quintrex480! PBs all round.

Big kings in skinny water pull hard don't they!! So when you getting that Stella to load up 20kg worth of drag so they cant reef you :biggrin2:

Well done again.

Trung

I got one over 10kgs.

But I gotta clean the boat and wash the Eskys.. will post pics later.

Edited by Formosan

Well done again.

Trung

Oh man, yeah finally rewarded for the persistence we put in. Yeah when ur dr'ing so close to the reef, it takes a bit of luck to get them outta there.

Def will be looking at the stella mate, good luck tomm!

Yeah 10kg king coming up :)

Nice work boys.

Lock up the drag and palm the spool... Amazing how much pressure you can exert before the line or leader gives way!

I went out off the harbour this arvo - loads of rats but cldnt buy a legal!

Think I might have to head down to Botany for my next session!

Nice work boys.

Lock up the drag and palm the spool... Amazing how much pressure you can exert before the line or leader gives way!

I went out off the harbour this arvo - loads of rats but cldnt buy a legal!

Think I might have to head down to Botany for my next session!

Thanks for the tip jim, will definitely take it on board next time.

Thanks Luke, how did you go over the weekend?

Hey champ yeah didn't get out on saterday. Wanted to go in Sunday but way to many boats. Going on Tuesday no one is ever out there me and the big kings all to my self. Congrats on the fish top effert

Catch ya later

Luke

Quintrex480

Nice Squids ...Did you end you end up with 20? :)

Super effort dude - well done for persistence! A side question, how much did your Bimini/canopy cost and where did you get installed? I got the same boat as you and need cover- cheers :-)

Give James at Aloft Boat covers a call. 0403699684.

They do a top job and don't charge the earth.

Super effort dude - well done for persistence! A side question, how much did your Bimini/canopy cost and where did you get installed? I got the same boat as you and need cover- cheers :-)

Thanks mate! Sorry but I got the boat with the covers already on. But just did a couple of mods myself to suit my needs. But see Formosan's reply on the custom one, I've seen the job on his and looks pretty good.