VRO UNIT

REBSS

Im looking at disconnecting my VRO UNIT as its pumping way too much oil and cant spend the bucks to get it fixed.I believe doing this is a common thing with 2 strokes. My concern is the fuel and oil seperating when left sitting for a couple of weeks. My 2 stroke trailbikes used to gum up the carby with oil if left sitting for 2 weeks with fuel in the carby. Would a fuel extender help with this ?. Also does anybody know the mixing ratio for a 2000 model johnson 115?.

Thanks in advance

Im looking at disconnecting my VRO UNIT as its pumping way too much oil and cant spend the bucks to get it fixed.I believe doing this is a common thing with 2 strokes. My concern is the fuel and oil seperating when left sitting for a couple of weeks. My 2 stroke trailbikes used to gum up the carby with oil if left sitting for 2 weeks with fuel in the carby. Would a fuel extender help with this ?. Also does anybody know the mixing ratio for a 2000 model johnson 115?.

Thanks in advance

Hi, 9 times out of 10 an over oil situtation is caused by an air leak in the fuel system. Once you undestand how your OMS system works, has not been called VRO for many years, you will understand that an aerated fuel mixture will cause an oil rich mixture to be pumped thru the carbys. Even if you have a problem with the OMS the repair kits are less than $50 so very cheap to fix if you know what you are doing and do the bench tests on the OMS. If you still want to disconnect it, which i would not, use a 50:1 ratio with a good oil like XD-50. I see it all the time, because ALOT of so called experts do not understand the oil injection system used for the last 30 odd years on OMC/BRP engines, they just disconnect them-it is like going to a doctor with a sore arm and instead of him knowing the cause and fixing it, he just says-you do not need that arm, lets cut it off. If you do a search on the interent there is a very good article written by a gentleman named Bill Grannis, that knows alot about all outboards, that will set you straight.

Cheers,

Huey.