Anything at the FADS

puregeek

If it's anything like the Broken Bay Wide FAD I wouldn't bother. Heaps of small dollies but nothing close to legal. The water is awful, cool and dirty green. If it ever stops raining this "summer" give it a couple of weeks. Save your fuel and stay close in shore would be my advice.

head out to the traps around Rosa gully mate, caught 6 fish from 75-90cm there last week on yakkas. Give it another month for the FADS

fisho5

Hi

fished out of port hacking today, best temp was 24 degrees in 80 fathoms, it dropped over the shelf, at the fad current was 4 knots!!!

As a result we saw very little out wide. In close bait everywhere. Heaps of slimeys down the hump.

Agree with finnin, if you need to fish have a look in close.

Mmmm... Ok will get some yakkas and head out to Port Hacking FAD. Any tips for heading out? Never been out that far. Wish me luck fellas.

Just keep a look out on the weather although tommorrow looks like a nice day outwide so you should be right. Have a block of pillies ready for burley but dont go overboard as you will attract micro kingys and you wont get a bait passed them and the Dollies tend to spook- too many people make this mistake especially when they get right up on top of the FAD

Thanks for all the tips fellas. Just got back from the FADS and Peak. Day started well got to the ramp @ 6:45am, filled the tank up with yakkas in about 20min, then headed out to the Sydney East FAD. Action we pretty much straight away, caught heaps of dollies, all around the 50cm mark, all throw backs. Did manage to keep one at 62cm but that was it. They mainly took whole pillies, but when we ran out of pillies we thought we would trial some marinated chicken breast (Parmesan) and guess what?! We were still getting hook ups on em! In the end we had heaps fun catching them on light gear. Should be good in about a month.

Scooted over to the peak not knowing what to expect or what to do, dropped some live yakkas down in the middle of nowhere and hoped for the best. Ended up with a LJ and nice stripped tuna. That was it for the day.

A question regarding the peak if anyone can answer. What am i looking for on my sounder and what am i supposed to be catching?. Im pretty sure the stripped tuna was a fluke. I saw some fish all the way at the bottom on the sounder. Am i then supposed to bottom bash? And if so how the hell to i get my baits down there before i drift past the spot? Sorry if i sound like a noob, thats because i am! =)

In the end had a great day on the water! again thanks for all your help everyone.

Thanks for all the tips fellas. Just got back from the FADS and Peak. Day started well got to the ramp @ 6:45am, filled the tank up with yakkas in about 20min, then headed out to the Sydney East FAD. Action we pretty much straight away, caught heaps of dollies, all around the 50cm mark, all throw backs. Did manage to keep one at 62cm but that was it. They mainly took whole pillies, but when we ran out of pillies we thought we would trial some marinated chicken breast (Parmesan) and guess what?! We were still getting hook ups on em! In the end we had heaps fun catching them on light gear. Should be good in about a month.

Scooted over to the peak not knowing what to expect or what to do, dropped some live yakkas down in the middle of nowhere and hoped for the best. Ended up with a LJ and nice stripped tuna. That was it for the day.

A question regarding the peak if anyone can answer. What am i looking for on my sounder and what am i supposed to be catching?. Im pretty sure the stripped tuna was a fluke. I saw some fish all the way at the bottom on the sounder. Am i then supposed to bottom bash? And if so how the hell to i get my baits down there before i drift past the spot? Sorry if i sound like a noob, thats because i am! =)

In the end had a great day on the water! again thanks for all your help everyone.

Good effort on your first outting

As for the peak... You are looking for lumps rising off the sea floor

Fish? Kings, big bonnies, stripies and jackets (plenty of them)

Use knife jigs and jigging gear... Drop a few lives down is also a good idea... You can also troll some skirted lures

Cheers

Trung