Sydney harbour Guided Tours

bean

I promised my old man I'd shout him a session on a fishing charter of his choice for Christmas and we are only getting around to organising it now. He has been raving on about going with a well known Sydney company for years after hearing that one of the guides is someone he used to listen to on the radio or something along those lines. He has always wanted to catch a kingy so I told him I'll organise it for him over the next few weeks.

Have any of you ladies and gents done any charters on the Harbour? What is the best time of year to book if we are chasing kings? I'd expect catching fresh squid would be a part of the charter so given that, would a morning-midday or midday-evening session be best to book?

I know I can ask the company this but I'd like to hear some opinions from fellow raiders first.

Cheers

As far as I'm aware the sessions are 6hrs or so. Sunrise til 1pm or 1.30pm til sunset. The tours aren't too expensive, but paying for two people for two sessions is far more than I've budgeted for. Not only that but my father has a bad knee and shoulder to contend with so I think 6+hrs is sufficient for now. Which of the two would be your pick should you have to pick between them?

As far as I'm aware the sessions are 6hrs or so. Sunrise til 1pm or 1.30pm til sunset. The tours aren't too expensive, but paying for two people for two sessions is far more than I've budgeted for. Not only that but my father has a bad knee and shoulder to contend with so I think 6+hrs is sufficient for now. Which of the two would be your pick should you have to pick between them?

To catch a fish, I would do the morning one. And for Kings in Sydney Harbour there is only one (my view) and I guess you have it in mind too.

I never have been on one.

To catch a fish, I would do the morning one. And for Kings in Sydney Harbour there is only one (my view) and I guess you have it in mind too.

I never have been on one.

I have been on several charters and always found the morning to be more productive. The boat traffic (or less traffic I should say) is in your favour and the winds are typically not as bad making it easier to spot bait fish on the surface.

I have been on several charters and always found the morning to be more productive. The boat traffic (or less traffic I should say) is in your favour and the winds are typically not as bad making it easier to spot bait fish on the surface.

Thanks Reggae.

I'm not sure we should mention company names on this forum but could you pm me the charter you'd most recommend seeing as you've been on a few?

Ill definitely take both opinions into consideration. I did hear catching squid in the early morning was easier so perhaps ill look at the morning trip.

Thanks again guys