PenOtrate Hooks

SCOTTYB

Hi Raiders,

Got an online ad for Penotrate hooks - apparently made in Japan but packed here in Oz to keep prices down - just wondering if anyone has used them, and has feedback? We normally use Gamakatsu and Black Magic - the circle hooks look very similar, but hard to tell from a web clip.

SB

mate by all means go for your life :thumbup: but i have had a bad expereince with buying lines/hooks el cheapo on line. :thumbdown: They will probably be fine, but you can never know. i bough some leader on line and it turned out to break wayyyyy below what it said it did :ranting2: . although i did buy some worm hooks online and they are great, never had a problem with them. :thumbup:

my 2c worth

DoryTheFish :1fishing1:

Thanks Dory, just never seen them before so was curious. See how we go.

SB

• 3 weeks later...

hey scottyB,

i've used the penotrate 5/0 circles. i really like them. they are sharp and quite a heavy gauge. i'm guessing you saw them advertised with the guys that distribute hairy back hooks?? i find them an excellent alternative to the much much(!) more expensive brands.

buy with confidence, i reckon

cheers

tom

hey scottyB,

i've used the penotrate 5/0 circles. i really like them. they are sharp and quite a heavy gauge. i'm guessing you saw them advertised with the guys that distribute hairy back hooks?? i find them an excellent alternative to the much much(!) more expensive brands.

buy with confidence, i reckon

cheers

tom

Thanks Tom - much appreciated. From the ad they seemed to be heavy gauge, just had never heard of them mentioned before. Will give them a go.

Cheers

SB