Drift Fishing

Mr.KingSpooled

Hey raiders,

Basically just need to know how to go about drift fishing.

I fish mostly my local georges river but i wanna learn how to be able to set up so i can drift in the boat and fish without worrying about

crashing into structure or getting into the way of other boaters.

Everytime i fish i anchor up or just beach the boat and fish because im not sure on when and where I should be drifting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hey Buddy,

I'm very new to drifting myself.

Most people will tell you get to an electric motor, if you can afford one, go for it! If you can't, its still ok to turn on the engine and steer for 2 seconds.

What you should buy, is a sea anchor. It looks sort of like a parachute, attachs to the back of your boat and it does 2 vital things:

1. slows down your drift

2. keeps your boat straight

I tried drifting without the sea anchor and the boat does not drift straight LOL was mainly drifting sideways and what not hahaa, was bad cause not only am I using plastics but I also have live poddies or prawns out behind the boat.

Always remember, to keep an eye out on landmarks. If you do this, you know where and how fast you're drifting, this is a must.

Cheers and gl! :thumbup:

what sort of boats are you guys fishing out of??

Im fishing out of a 3.9m Stacer Sea Sprite... just a really light alloy tinny thing with a 20 on da back.

Usually just me and my brother go out and we take an esky with drinks n food and a small esky with bait.

Plus rods and tackle. So there isnt too much weight in the boat, dunno if that makes a difference!