Georges bass

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Hit up the georges river after work the plan was to fish for a hour with hard bodies i knew the section off river i was in would be about 6 ft above the weeds when the river is up i put on a 3ft diver and had about twenty casts for a couple of timid hits but no hookups so i put on a deeper diving hard body that floats when paused started working this lure down to the weed beds and when the lure started to catch the weeds would pause the lure and let it float back above the weeds after ten casts got a solid hit and after twenty seconds the fish got into the weeds and threw the lure so i kept persisting with this lure and was rewarded with a massive hit on the pause and drag screaming off the reel with the bass trying to get into the weeds with a little bit more drag pressure and some coaxing the only fish landed was on the bank measuring 41cms

after a quick photo the bass was released after this i tied on a jitterbug to fish the surface for fifteen minutes with two hits and no hookups i left after this as the mozzies came out to play and me with no bug spray only one bass landed but still a good way to end the day

7b628408-91f3-b5c7.jpg

Cheers trevor

Hit up the georges river after work the plan was to fish for a hour with hard bodies i knew the section off river i was in would be about 6 ft above the weeds when the river is up i put on a 3ft diver and had about twenty casts for a couple of timid hits but no hookups so i put on a deeper diving hard body that floats when paused started working this lure down to the weed beds and when the lure started to catch the weeds would pause the lure and let it float back above the weeds after ten casts got a solid hit and after twenty seconds the fish got into the weeds and threw the lure so i kept persisting with this lure and was rewarded with a massive hit on the pause and drag screaming off the reel with the bass trying to get into the weeds with a little bit more drag pressure and some coaxing the only fish landed was on the bank measuring 41cms

after a quick photo the bass was released after this i tied on a jitterbug to fish the surface for fifteen minutes with two hits and no hookups i left after this as the mozzies came out to play and me with no bug spray only one bass landed but still a good way to end the day

7b628408-91f3-b5c7.jpg

Cheers trevor

ripper bass :thumbup:

Were you fishing off the weir or further up river

chris

What a great Bass coming from the georges, looks like those fish ladders are doing their job :thumbup: wild fish like that must have put up a great fight. Unlucky with the surface lure not connecting but seeing the hit is half the fun.

Guest hawkesbass

The goerges is on my way home from work so i drop in for some fun about three times a week dont always get fish but still worth it surface hits from bass are addictive

Guest hawkesbass

Very nice bass, and good to meet you a few day earlier...your not wrong anout those Mozzzzzzzie's. :wacko:

Since the river has dropped it has gone a little on the slow side with bites and good to meet and have a chat with you :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...