Gettin The Vibe

GDay guys,

Just a quick note on a few recent WA captures. We have been using the River 2 Sea mini Vibes to great effect over the last few weeks, catching blackies up to high 40`s from bridges, jetties, yacht clubs, lakes - you name it.

These little suckers are going off at the moment.

We are fishing them off the bottom with little lifts, and if they dont smack it on the drop (after a lift) they nail it off the bottom.

Anyway they certainly have got me fascinated..... just wondering if you guys had much success over East with these or are chucking them much.

Heres one from a week a go, heading out friday to give them another go.

cheers

post-632-1120019924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richobull

They're an awesome little lure and the colour in your pic' is one the best in the range.

I've used them around pylons and marinas and they're another of those lures which will get hit on the drop without really having to do anything. Just get a tight cast in, and if there's a bream there, he'll hit it.

They are a bit of a pain casting however. The hook(s) seem to get hitched up on the leader more than most lures, but they're well worth perservering with.

Interested to see you've removed the middle treble on the lure in your pic' Richo. That's something I also do and it cuts down the problem I described above considerably.

A size 14 or even 16 Owner Stinger is probably best suited to this size of lure, but I've occassionally upped mine to a size 12 rear treble with no adverse affects.

Now, don't tell anyone else about them OK? :D

Pukk'

They're an awesome little lure and the colour in your pic' is one the best in the range.

I've used them around pylons and marinas and they're another of those lures which will get hit on the drop without really having to do anything. Just get a tight cast in, and if there's a bream there, he'll hit it.

They are a bit of a pain casting however. The hook(s) seem to get hitched up on the leader more than most lures, but they're well worth perservering with.

Interested to see you've removed the middle treble on the lure in your pic' Richo. That's something I also do and it cuts down the problem I described above considerably.

A size 14 or even 16 Owner Stinger is probably best suited to this size of lure, but I've occassionally upped mine to a size 12 rear treble with no adverse affects.

Now, don't tell anyone else about them OK? :D

Pukk'

55502[/snapback]

Pukka,

I run size 14 owners on mine, and yeah that green is certainly the colour to have, hold it up in the sun and you can see why. We have been playing with sticky weight on the vibes to get them sinking quicker, and to allow further casts - and it has been working.

As you noticed I remove the middle treble off most lures these days, I am a sucker for punishment - but for the same reasons you mentioned, the middle treble becomes a pain, so to stop from becoming to frustrated I take them off. Reckon I loose lots of fish because of it as well....... the number Ive lost after loading nto them is probably every second fish. But its all fun. Im just happy to have something to use instead of softies during winter. Caus im not a soft plastic fishermans a#$%hole. :1clap:

cheers

Nice looking fish there too Richobull...what sort of price are you looking at for lures like those? I know a couple of places even for little old land lubbing JD that I could throw a few of those around.

55525[/snapback]

JD,

I think they go for around the standard $10 mark, most shops get River 2 Sea gear so they should be able to source some for you. Id be suprised if Mick didnt have any in ABA (worth a shot)

They are the hottest things on the market in WA at the moment. Pulled that fish from under a ski ramp. I love the green one without a doubt. They also got purple people eaters, golds and a heap of others.

Heading out Friday for a fish out of a mates Boar, will let you know how we go.

cheers

PS, I get to see Canterbury play this year - yeeehaaaaaa, only cost me a season ticket to the Force.

Hiya, using em to prospect shallow flats cause I can use a bit of a faster retrieve than plastics. Also using when flats are a bit murky; more vibes to attract fish. The slow fall rate is good in these situations. Jeez they are a tiny lure. Cute, too :1yikes: cheers Bombie (actually gotta pic up another couple this weekend as my three year old niece decided she wanted my last gold one de-hooked and made into a pendant!!! (at least it will keep her from "playing with my plastics and "accidently" de-tailing em.

Hiya Richo, hope you dont mind me asking a question. Do u find that the colours on the Vibes come off quite easily? I've got some but havent had a chance to wet them yet, but on some of the pics of ppl's lures, it looks like its been smashed to buggery?

Matt

Hiya Richo, hope you dont mind me asking a question. Do u find that the colours on the Vibes come off quite easily? I've got some but havent had a chance to wet them yet, but  on some of the pics of ppl's lures, it looks like its been smashed to buggery?

Matt

55756[/snapback]

Matrix fire away mate,

I pulled 13 in my first sess on them and it barely had any paint off it, got 3 last time out and they did more damage than the 13 the week before. I think it depends on how they are taking it. Id say the guys who have lost a fair bit of colour off there vibes would have hooked quite a few fish or had a couple swallow them a bit (therefore loose more paint).

I fish all my lures til they are bald, and even then keep going after that - and I reckon bream will take a smashed up lure over a new one most times, as it may look more wounded or sick.

R2S do have a habit of loosing more paint than most others lures, thats how it was for the static shad 60`s anyway. So it could be the same for these.

Id just get the texter out and re colour them.

cheers

Thanks for the info Richo :thumbup:

55793[/snapback]

Well we went out on the Friday, all play and no work for once. Had sensational weather for the whole day with winds around 5knts. We fished Green Mini Vibe all day until we lost them and then the purple one.

Without doubt it was my best day on the water Ive ever had, especially with one lure. Managed 37 fish in about 5 or so hrs, whilst me mate picked up 19 (including a nice 43) We were fishing bridges and jetties, and pylons, letting it sink to the bottom and then giving them subtle 10cm lifts. If it felt like a snag or rock or anything we`d strike and usually it`d be a Bream. Average size for the day was around 35-37 and they pulled harder than any other day in the last 3 years (for me anyway). I had to go locked drag, and fish bass style and go as hard as I could.

I really am curious how these things would work over East. You guys have so much water compared to us. Im sure they would go off somewhere.

Heres a couple of Pics first is my mate Nic.

cheers

post-632-1120446273_thumb.jpg

This has given me a heap of incentive to have more days off during the week, as per usual the weather turned ugly come the weekend. It got to the stage where we had to stop taking pics as it was effecting our catch.

post-632-1120446556_thumb.jpg

And as per usual he who catches least catches the biggest, and near on last cast of the day.

This lil puppy went 43 and was a nice finish to our day, and I was powering off with the Kota on 10 when it decided to take an interest in Nics Vibe. Nice and fat as well.

And as per usual he who catches least catches the biggest, and near on last cast of the day.

This lil puppy went 43 and was a nice finish to our day, and I was powering off with the Kota on 10 when it decided to take an interest in Nics Vibe. Nice and fat as well.

cheers

post-632-1120446850_thumb.jpg