Hot hot action south coast

barberonhigh

post-14454-078552700 1331030911_thumb.jpgHey raiders

Just got back from a quick getaway at lake tabourie 10 minutes south of ulladulla .

Got there on Saturday night weather didn't look great

As well the fishing news from locals didn't impressed me with a lot of fresh water in the lake and the lake was reopened on Friday lot of fresh water washing down to the ocean.

Sunday was overcast with few light showers every now and then I decided to try for a fish caught one salmon one crab ,

So I decided to look for worms as I never done it before

So I put the remaining pillies in my socks and I could see hundreds of worms but I couldn't grab em.

Monday went to the local bait shop got the worms pliers and off I went to the beach again after missing out on hundreds of worms finally I got to snap one worm's head and another half a worm about 20 cm long( not bad for first timer )

Used the worm hopping to catch whitting all I got was a small bream.

Now the kids joined me they wanna fish with no bait left I had to empty my socks and try to retrieve some bait

I manage to find 2 little smelly black rotten prawns put the first one on and my 3 year old daughter caught a little bream.

My 7 year old daughter wanna have a go now so used the last prawn and off she go she's on big black fish ( she's over the moon)

Now my 12 years old daughter wanna have a go too. With no bait left I had to go back to my socks at that time kids a mrs left only my 12 years daughter stayed with me

So we were trying prawn's heads with some big bites but no hook ups.

I went to the bucket got the black fish out and filleted it.

Put the first piece of fillet on within 2 minutes I was on first tailor 55 cm.

2nd cast big bream and so on ... Lots of action

Had no trace on me lost 10 hooks

At the end we ended up with 2 big tailors

5 big bream 2 of them were huge

What a beautiful session will go there again as soon as I can

Will post pics soon

Cheers

post-14454-017047300 1331031144_thumb.jpg

Edited by barberonhigh

Hey raiders

Just got back from a quick getaway at lake tabourie 10 minutes south of ulladulla .

Got there on Saturday night weather didn't look great

As well the fishing news from locals didn't impressed me with a lot of fresh water in the lake and the lake was reopened on Friday lot of fresh water washing down to the ocean.

Sunday was overcast with few light showers every now and then I decided to try for a fish caught one salmon one crab ,

So I decided to look for worms as I never done it before

So I put the remaining pillies in my socks and I could see hundreds of worms but I couldn't grab em.

Monday went to the local bait shop got the worms pliers and off I went to the beach again after missing out on hundreds of worms finally I got to snap one worm's head and another half a worm about 20 cm long( not bad for first timer )

Used the worm hopping to catch whitting all I got was a small bream.

Now the kids joined me they wanna fish with no bait left I had to empty my socks and try to retrieve some bait

I manage to find 2 little smelly black rotten prawns put the first one on and my 3 year old daughter caught a little bream.

My 7 year old daughter wanna have a go now so used the last prawn and off she go she's on big black fish ( she's over the moon)

Now my 12 years old daughter wanna have a go too. With no bait left I had to go back to my socks at that time kids a mrs left only my 12 years daughter stayed with me

So we were trying prawn's heads with some big bites but no hook ups.

I went to the bucket got the black fish out and filleted it.

Put the first piece of fillet on within 2 minutes I was on first tailor 55 cm.

2nd cast big bream and so on ... Lots of action

Had no trace on me lost 10 hooks

At the end we ended up with 2 big tailors

5 big bream 2 of them were huge

What a beautiful session will go there again as soon as I can

Will post pics soon

Cheers