Survey - Please Help

hambo692

Hey everyone

For a school science project I have been testing the diameter, breaking strain and stretch of lines. The final step is this survey, which will hopefully determine which one is the 'best' (based purely on the 3 things I have measured). Please only do this if you have over 30 posts. This is to 'improve validity' and if the results are similar to those I receive on the Facebook survey, it confirms the validity of the Facebook survey. For the same reason, if you have already done the Facebook one, could you please do this one as well.

I need a lot of responses, so if you can take a few minutes to do this I would really appreciate it.

Please email any questions Here

Survey

p.s I will certainly be posting the results.

Help him out, he;s doing the same project as I did last year

how'd you go? I reccpn i know a way you Could have saved him heeeeeeps of time...

I'll do the survey tonight no prob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I haven't had too many replies, and a few people said that it's too complicated, so I've updated the questions and hopefully now it's a lot simpler and easier to understand. It will seriously take under a minute just to answer the first question (the important one) and if you have a bit more time it would be great if you could answer the others as well.

Here's the link again

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/93X9TSF

I need a lot of replies and I'm running out of time, please help :15:

Ok I haven't had too many replies, and a few people said that it's too complicated, so I've updated the questions and hopefully now it's a lot simpler and easier to understand. It will seriously take under a minute just to answer the first question (the important one) and if you have a bit more time it would be great if you could answer the others as well.

Here's the link again

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/93X9TSF

I need a lot of replies and I'm running out of time, please help :15:

Done goodluck with it

Hi Mate,

Just filled it in for ya. Just a quick note that "best" is a really hard thing to conclude as depending on what sort of fishing you do and what outfit the line is matched with stretch may or may not be desireable and likewise the preference for extra breaking strain vs line diameter will vary also.

Rich

Hi Mate,

Just filled it in for ya. Just a quick note that "best" is a really hard thing to conclude as depending on what sort of fishing you do and what outfit the line is matched with stretch may or may not be desireable and likewise the preference for extra breaking strain vs line diameter will vary also.

Rich

Yeah the original survey had a bit more detail in that part, but I had to make it a bit less complicated. The opening paragraph says 'in a situation where you would usually use a line labelled 4lb' but yes, that can certainly be many different things.

Thanks everyone who's done it so far, and the feedback is also appreciated as it can go in my discussion.

Woohoo thanks everyone, I now have the minimum necessary amount (But more is even better :biggrin2: )

Done some analysis, and you actually all rated them almost exactly based on UTS (ultimate tensile strength)! That is very good for my results.

I've had a few questions about which line is which; I can't say yet but SOON. I will probably be closing the survey off on Sunday, so that is when all of my initial results can be revealed.

Like I said, the more results the better, but I've reached the minimum.

Thankyou everyone who responded :thumbup:

Edited by Flatboy

Diameter (mm) Breaking Strain (lb)

0.125 6.6 No stretch

0.138 10.3 No Stretch

0.093 6.2 No Stretch

0.232 6.8 Stretch

0.196 5.9 Stretch

0.16 4 Stretch

0.159 3.5 Stretch

0.172 4.3 Stretch

0.091 6.3 No Stretch

0.149 13.1 No Stretch

0.128 5.6 No Stretch

0.203 4.2 Stretch

0.102 11 No Stretch

Anyone wanna guess which is which though??

EDIT: formatting didn't quite work out.

Edited by Flatboy