Sales trailers

nigelr

if your looking at this sales trailer run run for the hills!

http://www.salestrailers.com.au/boat-trailers/aluminium/10-12-ft

i bought mine from croydon marine everything started rusting after the 5th time used after 6 months the trailer was trashed i have pictures i can dig up and show u i will never buy another this trailer was bought 2010

by jimminy gazza that does not sound encouraging!

Guest Aussie007

by jimminy gazza that does not sound encouraging!

everything but the frame and rims rusted the paint peeled off the rims and the tow hitch bolts were rusted along with everything else rusting i called the manufacturer 2 months i think it was after the purchase he told me to suck it up no warranty

Edited by gazza

Sincere thanks gentlemen for taking the time to reply; living 500k's north it's obviously a real gamble buying 'unsighted' and so I genuinely appreciate your comments.

gazza thankfully I'm looking at the '4 x 2 17 foot unbraked with skids' model - I can only hope your experience was a very unfortunate one-off.

I did a search on this forum and a couple of the members seem to have bought them........

I have two they are good value and I haven't had any problems. One is 12 years old and the other is 7 years. As to the negative post rust is par for the course for a trailer dipped in saltwater. So long as it's not in the frame it's not a big deal. It's worth spraying the vulnerable bits with a rust preventative like Tectyl or Lanoline. You can do this to any parts of the frame that are dipped in water.

Edited by billfisher

I have two they are good value and I haven't had any problems. One is 12 years old and the other is 7 years. As to the negative post rust is par for the course for a trailer dipped in saltwater. So long as it's not in the frame it's not a big deal. It's worth spraying the vulnerable bits with a rust preventative like Tectyl or Lanoline. You can do this to any parts of the frame that are dipped in water.

Good idea... a bit of lanox spray after each trip will help keep the rust at bay..

Cheap insurance..

Good luck with the trailer purchase..

Cheers