Where to go tomorrow? for TINY TIN!

reubs

So with all this rain hanging about and a RDO on the cards for tomorrow, I'm brought to this point once again where I need advice on where to go.. This morning as I woke up I came up with the name of TINY TIN for my boat as its a 12footer and fairly shallow in its design and has a 6hp 1979 evinrude on the back (I dont know if I need to get it registered or not...any ideas? the website says over 5hp but this thing is an old tired motor so I dont know if it counts?) Not sure if the harbour would be a good move as I'm not sure if my hull would be suitable for it or not....or botany bay for that matter? or how far up pittwater it would be safe to take it.. Apparently the east side of pittwater fishes well but I've never been on that side...last time I went to pittwater I stuck to the west side and managed to wrestle with a 90+cm cobia which got away but have since invested in a gaf so that shouldnt be an issue any more...fingers crossed... Maybe if someone has a similar sized vessel and wants to attack the same body of water tomorrow we can meet up and head out together..Bait for tomorrow is bread rolls and Hans american hotdogs.. haha bring on the kings!!

So with all this rain hanging about and a RDO on the cards for tomorrow, I'm brought to this point once again where I need advice on where to go.. This morning as I woke up I came up with the name of TINY TIN for my boat as its a 12footer and fairly shallow in its design and has a 6hp 1979 evinrude on the back (I dont know if I need to get it registered or not...any ideas? the website says over 5hp but this thing is an old tired motor so I dont know if it counts?) Not sure if the harbour would be a good move as I'm not sure if my hull would be suitable for it or not....or botany bay for that matter? or how far up pittwater it would be safe to take it.. Apparently the east side of pittwater fishes well but I've never been on that side...last time I went to pittwater I stuck to the west side and managed to wrestle with a 90+cm cobia which got away but have since invested in a gaf so that shouldnt be an issue any more...fingers crossed... Maybe if someone has a similar sized vessel and wants to attack the same body of water tomorrow we can meet up and head out together..Bait for tomorrow is bread rolls and Hans american hotdogs.. haha bring on the kings!!

Mate if it does 10 knots or more then it should be registered. They say 5hp because this is generally when boats begin to plane and do close to 10 knots.Since yours is an older motor it may not reach 10knots meaning youu dont have to register it.

Mate if it does 10 knots or more then it should be registered. They say 5hp because this is generally when boats begin to plane and do close to 10 knots.Since yours is an older motor it may not reach 10knots meaning youu dont have to register it.

mm its pretty damn slow...was maybe pumping 6hp outta the factory back in 79 but 30+ years on it still works but is by no means fast.. will have to try and get some sense out of the maritime guys.. no one can give me an answer :(

mm its pretty damn slow...was maybe pumping 6hp outta the factory back in 79 but 30+ years on it still works but is by no means fast.. will have to try and get some sense out of the maritime guys.. no one can give me an answer :(

Just dont register it and if you get pulled up tell them is doesnt do 10 knots! At worst i think they will give you a warning... :1fishing1:

Just dont register it and if you get pulled up tell them is doesnt do 10 knots! At worst i think they will give you a warning... :1fishing1:

that was the general plan....I'd be more than happy to register it if it was required but its borderline

• 5 weeks later...

Wrong guys

The ten knot thing refers to licences you can drive a boat unlicensed as long as you don't plane or go over a certain speed which upto 10 knots

Registration is based on any boat with more then 4kw / 5 hp

now does this mean a five has to be registered I'm pretty sure as a mate has his five hp ten footer registered

It's all on the web at maritime website