Electrical wiring question

locodave

Hi Guys,

I normally do electrical work on my boats and cars so I am familiar with a few things. I never get stuck when i do things myself only when others have done the wiring.

I'm stuck on this. I have a 6 gang switch panel. Pic attached. At the back on each switch there are two connectors. Top positive, bottom negative.

On all the top connectors, they are connected to the fuse. And it's only the bottom that are free. And they seem to be running the negative cable only. Where is the positive cable going?

There is only one switch that is not wired at the moment and that is the one I want to use. I'm not sure where to run the positive cable to?

post-2301-058656700 1335344420_thumb.jpg

Assuming the wires are red,usually the switches are paired up so you have three fuse whose loose wires should join up to your batteries positive wire, you want the positive from the accessory to run to the free switch spade and the accessory negative to the battery.

Edited by zook2001

I just realised why I thought the bottom blade was a negative. The 12v socket I have in the switch panel, the bottom blade is hooked straight to the negative bus. Is that correct? I'm assuming it is because it works!