Middle Harbour Help

hughsnews

Hi Guys,

Despite fishing the habour for years, I have never made the run up to Middle Harbour. But this Saturday I am going to make a dash up there with the boat and have a nice session. I was curious if anyone can give me some tips about locations/hotspots or alternatively, places to stay away from?!?! Probably aiming for bream and maybe flatties but would love some other species too. Any suggestions for whats firing?

Also I was going to launch at the Tunks Park ramp, is it a good ramp and does it have taps etc for washing off the rods etc?

Any help would be amazing!

I think you should maybe grab a few livies. Fish with Prawns/pillies and have a livie or two out the back for a jewie, kingie, salmon or bonito. Sugarloaf Point is one of the best spots for this sort of fishing. You can either fish in close for the bream and flatties, or anchor after the drop off and find a nice hole. Here you can fish the livies in the hole and also pick up good bream, flathead and trevally on prawns. Bantry Bay for Bream and Flatties is good too. The Spit should have kings, jewies, bonito, tailor, salmon aswell as your humble Bream and flatties! Don't forget the roseville bridge as well. Some nice fish around there lately! :biggrin2:

Cheers, Tom

Unfortunately, we are not set up for livies at the moment. We only have light tackle(our heavy stuff is stores elsewhere). Probably will be flicking around vibes and SP's. Also my main rod is 5lb braid/5lb leader so I don't I'd survive much of the really heavy stuff haha.

Sugarloaf looks amazing although I am not able to see the drop off on the google maps haha. Is it noticeable visually or would we be using the sounder?

Thanks for all the advice- Do you think it's worth starting at Tunks or up in Roseville?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that Roseville is closed for refurbishment so it will have to be Tunks-I would get there early as I would imagine its pretty popular right now with Roseville being shut.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarloaf looks amazing although I am not able to see the drop off on the google maps haha. Is it noticeable visually or would we be using the sounder?

its funny - every time i case out a spot in MH from google maps, i gotta remind my self it seems to be a really high tide the day the picture was taken!

but apart from that - mack attack has given great advice on good spots...

Is this Sugarloaf point below?

I signed up for a site called Nearmap which often has better images than google maps. Also you can look at multiple years with of images so if one day is cloudy/high tides etc, you can hopefully find an image taken on a day with better conditions.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=-33.788368,151.232815&hl=en&ll=-33.789402,151.23584&spn=0.009683,0.021136&sll=-33.789759,151.232708&sspn=0.009683,0.021136&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=16&z=16

Is this Sugarloaf point below?

I signed up for a site called Nearmap which often has better images than google maps. Also you can look at multiple years with of images so if one day is cloudy/high tides etc, you can hopefully find an image taken on a day with better conditions.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=-33.788368,151.232815&hl=en&ll=-33.789402,151.23584&spn=0.009683,0.021136&sll=-33.789759,151.232708&sspn=0.009683,0.021136&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=16&z=16

nah, sugarloaf bay is the one south of that mark, so sugarloaf point is the one at the end of edinburgh road...

the point to the north of your mark is Yeoland point, which also has a good drop-off...

- i will aslo check out nearmap :)

Edited by user1829

nah, sugarloaf bay is the one south of that mark, so sugarloaf point is the one at the end of edinburgh road...

the point to the north of your mark is Yeoland point, which also has a good drop-off...

- i will aslo check out nearmap :)

Cheers- thanks mate!!!